shouldbeasy's 'home away from home' 2017 4x4 Sprinter build

shouldbeasy

Observer
Picked up the Victron equipment - only received on battery due to AM Solar only ordering one but they're getting another sent to Montana for me so not a big concern. My timeline is so long it doesn't delay anything.

So, lots of pieces to this puzzle!! The Multiplus is the 12/3000-120/50 which is 12Volt , 3000 watt, 120 Volt, 50 Amp I think...

alrXAohh.jpg

T6UoM6xh.jpg

Last edited:

Jostt

Adventurer
Amazin staff , You have now toys to enjoy few days, I love the batería, is the one I plan initially but the price is high at this moment, I wait the pics of the install !!!!!
IMG_20171004_092216.jpg
This is mine

shouldbeasy

Observer
Amazin staff , You have now toys to enjoy few days, I love the batería, is the one I plan initially but the price is high at this moment, I wait the pics of the install !!!!!
View attachment 423381
This is mine

Nice! What are the specs on your Multiplus? Do you have your system posted in your build thread?

Batteries are very expensive... I had to go lithium to ensure I had the power for my AC unit so my hands were tied (so to speak).

Jostt

Adventurer
The specs are , 70 amps charger whit 3000w inverter, plus 24 to 12 Converter , I didnt post any pic because Im still building the proper place to put all These staff...It is hard job...I plan to fit bateries, inverter, webasto dual top and 150 ltrs tank all on the table área...I Will use a Stainlessteel frame whit fenolic panels
IMG_20171103_203832.jpg

shouldbeasy

Observer
The specs are , 70 amps charger whit 3000w inverter, plus 24 to 12 Converter , I didnt post any pic because Im still building the proper place to put all These staff...It is hard job...I plan to fit bateries, inverter, webasto dual top and 150 ltrs tank all on the table área...I Will use a Stainlessteel frame whit fenolic panels
View attachment 423509

Lovely! What program are you using to design everything? The more I think about the more inclined I am to just do the design work myself with the 80/20 product catalog and see what I can come up with. Winter is good for one thing, lots of time indoors!

Wyuna

Observer
That Victron gear is nice, i decide to use Votronic for all my stuff, but in hindsite, there is more support for Victron here.

I've been looking at the Victron 200 ah Lithium battery, as thats as large as i can fit, and i do like the option of the bluetooth battery monitor with the smart version.

Not cheap, as you know, but ideal for drawing loads for an AC

shouldbeasy

Observer
Cleaned up the list of modifications - much more detailed now. I'll be showing some pictures of some of the new mods too...

shouldbeasy

Observer
Got the front light set up mounted up!
8pqKFzeh.jpg

HkSfXZUh.jpg

s0b52tVh.jpg

Factory55 Flatlink for the Warn Zeon 10S Winch and Synthetic Line
ZZvxNuvh.jpg

Maxtrax Mounted on the rear cargo box - used a 3/8" piece of aluminum to mount it them using the Maxtrax pegs - grabbed some locks and they're secure. I might add a couple backing plates on the bottom bolts on the inside of the cargo box just to make sure.
PTFhEX1h.jpg

ORFDlBlh.jpg

o2U7JPrh.jpg

20T59rKh.jpg

Managed to get the winch wiring sorted so it's fully functional - I wired it through the stock air intake air funnel which worked out great as it's a wide open access directly through the front crash member.

ldZUmaHh.jpg

Winch solenoid relocated to the engine bay - complete with disconnect switch and the winch remote transmitter.
3HECRPhh.jpg

YJMVtf9h.jpg

CKent323

shouldbeasy

Any import issues with the Recaro seats from Vedat (Carpartzz)? I have read that bringing in products like that can subject one to import duties when bringing them into the States, which can be significant.

I have been communicating with Vedat on some Recaro Orthopad seats and he was unable to provide any information on import duties.

Regards,

Craig

Last edited:

Ullie

Adventurer
I love your sprinter. Very nice improuvements on the looks! I only would have mounted blue lights instead of the yellow.

shouldbeasy

Observer
shouldbeasy

Any import issues with the Recaro seats from Vedat (Carpartzz)? I have read that bringing in products like that can subject one to import duties when bringing them into the States, which can be significant.

I have been communicating with Vedat on some Recaro Orthopad seats and he was unable to provide any information on import duties.

Regards,

Craig
PM Sent!!

shouldbeasy

Observer
I love your sprinter. Very nice improuvements on the looks! I only would have mounted blue lights instead of the yellow.

Thanks for the kind words! It's a huge project and is taking a lot of time to get it sorted... Slow and steady!

The big yellow lights are amazing for night driving on back roads - flick on the high beams and it's daylight! I considered blue filters but fell in love with the look of the yellow lenses on the big 3. The fog lights will probably stay blue but I many put on some yellows to see how they look (I have to do some bulb swapping - the HID's don't play nice with the Sprinter electronics so I'll change them back to Halogen and put the HID in my Fiesta ST as it now has the halogens).

Long update coming! I've used the van a few times now and am really enjoying it.

GeeeTeee

Hi Shouldbeasy

I'm following your fantastic van build from the UK.

I have just purchased an Mercedes Benz 319 4x4 Ex Demonstrator 3 weeks ago to convert into an adventure van.
Your build is inspirational ?

Please can you tell me which tires and size you are running on your new wheels for summer mode?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles