California to Panama in a T100

Nicaragua has been fun.
We avoided the bulk of the Semana Santa Weekend by camping in the hills. Not a bad place to chill and get some video editing done:)
villas.jpg
We picked up our friend Lindsey from the airport and headed to Somoto Canon. She got to sleep in the guest house.
guest house.jpg
The canyon was a lot of fun. We hiked and floated our way down the river. We met some other overlanders that recommended doing this tour and said that the only thing they wish they did differently was to bring some beers for the float sections. We took their advise.
floating.jpg
We then went volcano boarding at Cerro Negro. The area was very cool and camping/hiking provided a cool experience. The boarding was kind of goofy. It reminded me a lot of sledding down the snow. You sit on a piece of wood and slide down a steep, gravel hill with littel to no control. It gets the adrenaline going.
cerro negro.jpg
Now we are hanging back at the beach and catching up with some old friends. We have a few more days with our pal, Lindsey. Then we have to drop her back at the airport and get to Costa Rica before our visas expire again.
gigante crew.jpg

Attachments

• villas.jpg
    villas.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 577
  • guest house.jpg
    guest house.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 574
  • floating.jpg
    floating.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 571
  • cerro negro.jpg
    cerro negro.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 570
  • gigante crew.jpg
    gigante crew.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 570

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
Sweet! I didn't realize you guys had a thread going over here as well. I've been following your VLOG, which is great by the way. Did you happen to track down why your shocks are eating bushings?

Sweet! I didn't realize you guys had a thread going over here as well. I've been following your VLOG, which is great by the way. Did you happen to track down why your shocks are eating bushings?

Thanks. We are really trying to improve at our filming editing. It's a fun learning process.
I did figure it out in the last episode. The shocks were being pulled down too far when the front end dropped out. Bilstein says I have the right shocks for my application, so I think that the droop stops may just be a bit tired and allow for too much downward travel. I made some spacers out of the spare bushing I was carrying around and it has worked ever since:)

rubicon91

Explorer
Amazing so fat watched the videos loved it. Keep them coming!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
Thanks, guys! It's a lot of work, but it's fun to get everyone's reactions and kinda relive the adventure while editing. We have a new episode coming out tomorrow all about the feryy crossing from Baja to Mailand Mexico.

Another great installment! Like I said on my youtube comment... Jaeger is setting some seriously unrealistic dog expectations for the rest of us :)

We've been in Costa Rica for about a week. The crossing from Nicaragua was pretty easy and smooth for us. We ended up being at the border at the same time as 3 other overlanders in vans and 2 motorcyclists. It was cool to meet new people, but I think it added abut an hour to the process since it was that many more people struggling though the process. It took a total of 3 hours to leave Nicaragua and enter Costa Rica. One of the other travelers that we met at the border ran into some trouble because he had laminated his vehicle title. I considered laminating ours before we left but chose not to because I had heard that some people ran into problems. When we left the border he was waiting for the big boss to get back from lunch at the aduana office to ok or reject it. Hope it works out for him:)

We've been on the Nicoya Peninsula, camping on the beaches and surfing some fun beach breaks.
18359146_1453803384680737_2152816708861454336_o.jpg
Our cousin came back for another visit so we had the REI guesthouse in use again.
18358597_1454641877930221_2002225333836939632_o.jpg18404121_1453686024692473_5796727247455630731_o.jpg
It is pretty crazy how much more rain we've been experiencing compared to Nicaragua. We found a very cheap house rental near a beach with some fun surf and decided to stay for a month. We're moving in today:) Our guests had us feeling a bit worn out and ready to settle in somewhere for a while. Plus, I could use to sit down and do some serious work on our youtube channel. Our recent guests brought us a bunch of new gear that we couldn't buy down here. So I have a new editing computer/program to learn and we have a new camera and a drone to learn how to use!

oside7even6ixty

Actually just read the whole thing so ************, def a top of my bucket list!!!! Mad props!!! Just need to grow some balls an take the plunge.

I've done a few small baja trips most recent was only one I had my surf board.

I also downloaded that ioverlander app seems like good thing to have thanks

Will also be checking out the vids on YouTube

Cool, glad it was helpful.

I was fortunate to grow up doing little Baja trips with my parents, camping, fishing, and looking for surf. So, I got my first taste and a bit of confidence that way.

Don't feel like you need to rush to Argentina when you have the perfect overland surfer's playground in your backyard :) Viva Baja!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke