Tent/awning pole bag

ethernectar

Adventurer
Looking for a compact solution to stow tent/awning poles. Anyone know of anything like a giant tool roll like that or should I start shopping for an industrial sewing machine?

krick3tt

Adventurer
I had an industrial machine that I inherited from my Dad, he used to sew leather for work bags. It was very old and kept breaking down, sold it. Bought a Brother machine from a sewing shop that will do most fabrics and I make my long bags and other things from heavy duty fabric that the machine will handle.
I would like to get another industrial some day but they are rather expensive, at least for the good ones. Cheaper to get ready made bags unless you want to make them to sell.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Depends on how much stuff you want to carry in the bag. Look at ski bags and electric keyboard bags on CraigsList and eBay. I used to carry a big load of steel stakes and some tools in a cross-county ski bag (longer than alpine skis), and I found an electric keyboard (piano keyboard) case that holds four Maxtrax. You might also consider a length of PVC or ABS pipe with a screw cap on one end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier