Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Holly cow Jeepman, I wound up with a new Hard Rock!

Happy New Year everyone!

Well it’s been a year already! To date, the Jeep has exceeded every expectation and it has seen some good times, good places and has got to some good gold. Looking forward to the next year and what that brings.

I was waiting on a really big mod for several months now but I don’t think that it will see fruition. I had been holding off on doing anything else pending this but it’s time to move on. I managed to get a few items done and a few more are in the works.

The first thing to get done was to get rid of the front-end rake.

With the dual batteries, winch and the natural rake something had to give. I’m not looking for a lift really or bigger tires; a budget boost wasn’t even an option. I was looking at the AEV 2.5”, Mopar 2” and the OME 2” lift. I had talked to a few folks, looked at endless posts and videos and it all came to a blur with haters and fan boys for each. I went to a local shop and told them what my objectives are and asked for their thoughts. Surprisingly I didn’t get the canned answer I was expecting and I was caught off guard at the answer. He said a Rancho 2” 4 coil Sport Lift with Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks. I do have Rancho shocks on my truck and they have been problem free for 12 years. The price point was very good. I did some looking around, and there isn’t much out there on these, but they are designed for a 33" tire and can go up to a 35”. I heard a 37” has been done with a flat fenders but again I’m not looking for a bigger tire.

Before: 34 ” front 35 ” rear to the bottom of the fender centered on the wheel

After: 36 7/8” front 36 1/2” rear

Gain + 2 5/8” Front + 1.25” Rear

I haven’t had it long but so far it has met the objectives. I also added the caster shims and a OME front steering stabilizer.

More to come, next up is my E nav system but I have to take a couple of pictures

ratled

EDIT: one last picture that really shows it off with stock wheels

And one of the front
    Last edited by ratled; 01-01-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Looks great. Good job!! Don't be a sheep and follow the herd. Do your own thing. Bigger is not better Rock on and happy new yr to you to!

I was able to figure out what I wanted for a navigation system. I went with the FREE Magellan TRX 7 app on a IPad gen 4. I have it on a Ram mount system off the passenger grab bar and am using a Dual Electronics XGPS150A for the GPS unit.

When paired with Goggle Earth and All Trails on the laptop and Ioverlander on the cell phone, it makes a good combination. I have a good set of maps and some trail books to round it all out.

I used a Ram medium Touch Claw off the grab bar, a 3” Ram arm, the 2.5” round base and a Ram Tab Tite cradle for 10” tablets.

Next up is a pair of Rigid Ind Ignites for the rear bumper and 8 Lux lights for ground lights
    ratled
    Last edited by ratled; 01-01-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456