Shadowcruiser tips and advice

Cruiser79

Observer
Quite nearby there is a '95 earthcruiser for sale. I haven't been there yet for checking it but from the pictures it looks okay, not rotten or wet. It might be a good replacement for my sixpac hard sided camper. The sixpac is too high, and I want to carry canoes or surfboards on the roof. When I place a box or a canoe on top of the sixpac, it is almost 4 meters high... I really wants to build a camper myself, but because lack of time it would be a project of at least three years or so, and I'm nit that patient...So maybe the shadowcruiser is a nice oppurtunity!

So are there some people with experience about shadowcruisers? Is the construction similar to a sixpac; wooden frame with alu sheets or are the frames made out of aluminium?
And what about the strength of the frame and soft sides when its opened? Because I like kitesurfing I prefer camping spots with a lot of wind, is it possible to reinforce the frame or will it be strong enough? Any more tips are welcome!

Kind regards,

Koen

Last edited:

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Sorry I just saw your question about shadow cruiser . I had a popup one . 90 it was great quality and very well made . Just look everywhere for leaks or stains . ReAr molding keep eye on . Wooden frame and insulated. Had mine in very windy rains storm . It was a great camper well thought out and made . And lift was awesome . Don't know if you bought it but they're great

Cruiser79

Observer
Yes I already bought it, but thanks for the confirmation about the quality! It is a '96 and previous owners were an old couple, about 70 years old. They went often to southern Europe during summer, and maintained the unit very well. You can't notice any scratch or something. I haven't found any leaks yet and the softsides are in a good condition as well. Now I'm building a subframe to make it fit my landcruiser. Hopefully I can go out with the camper beginning of june

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles