What should I build?

Stroked 550

Adventurer
Well ladies and gents I am at a crossroads, Ive been a dual-sporter for a long time but want to get into 4 wheel offroading & camping.

I am thinking about building out the following rigs

1. 1990-1993 Dodge ram cummins extended cab long bed (turn up the engine a bit)

2. 1966-1975 Ford Bronco

3. 1970-1975 K-5 Blazer

is the ram going to be too long and heavy?

What would y'all recommend?

Stroked 550

Adventurer
The 2000-2002 powerstrokes are great, Ive had several of them in the past but always wanted a 1st gen cummins for some reason lol

toastyjosh

Adventurer
go for the ram! then shorten the bed, cut fenders, slap on some 40s.

not quite the same years but you get the idea

1540689d1416798003-2nd-gen-front-axle-puhed-forward-low-cog-build-image.jpg

bigskypylot

Explorer
The 2000-2002 powerstrokes are great, Ive had several of them in the past but always wanted a 1st gen cummins for some reason lol

Well, they do make a good engine. When My grandfather bought a 91 Dodge, the salesman said that he didn't sell a lot of Dodges, but he sold a lot of Cummins lol.

Stroked 550

Adventurer
Well, they do make a good engine. When My grandfather bought a 91 Dodge, the salesman said that he didn't sell a lot of Dodges, but he sold a lot of Cummins lol.

haha I can see why he said that, it would have been awesome if Ford would have sold their trucks with the cummins from 1994-2007

Yroundrdn

Observer
Coming from the dual sport world myself, I went with the XJ but found it was too small. Looked at trucks and being a gear head, looked at the older fun stuff as well. In the end I went with the 2500 series Suburban that came with a locker. Turns out we have more than enough room and a fairly capable rig. Very happy with our choice.

Stroked 550

Adventurer
oh yeah Im 6'5" also so leg room is major priority as well as having storage for ample gear. A suburban would be cool too, theres too many choices out there if only I had more money :sombrero: my problem is im gear head I am pretty familiar with the cummins and how to turn them up so I like that avenue a lot but I am concerned with its ability I have to turn around on a tight trail or with its length clearing over obstacles

has anyone taking a Extended cab long bed up the Rubicon trail?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior