FunTreks Off Road Maps for Pioneer AVIC8200NEX

Colorado Scott

I am searching for a way to use the FunTreks maps, either the SD card or the app (for Android when it comes out) on my Pioneer AVIC8200NEX. I don't know if the HDMI will work to mirror my phone or not but would rather have the Pioneer unit do the GPS heavy lifting and not my phone.

I'm also open to other maps that I can import waypoints into as well.

Any thoughts? Android Auto seems to be limited to Google maps and a handful of music apps. I know there has to be a hack for it but I have yet to figure it out.

Thanks!
Scott

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I am searching for a way to use the FunTreks maps, either the SD card or the app (for Android when it comes out) on my Pioneer AVIC8200NEX. I don't know if the HDMI will work to mirror my phone or not but would rather have the Pioneer unit do the GPS heavy lifting and not my phone.

I'm also open to other maps that I can import waypoints into as well.

Any thoughts? Android Auto seems to be limited to Google maps and a handful of music apps. I know there has to be a hack for it but I have yet to figure it out.

Thanks!
Scott

Let me know what you come up with. I just installed an 8200NEX in my van but have not done anything with it beyond stock. Have you done the idatalink maestro connection with it? I just did that and have been really pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94