mcm4090 Frontier build

Something

Adventurer
everything lookin good as usual Mike...love your rig

on a side note, wifey could use some driving lessons...:smiley_drive:

mcm4090

Explorer
pick up a trailer tool box from Harbor Freight. It's doesn't take up a lot of room but big enough for me to carrier my trail gear and tools.
Oh I also had a coupon for %20 off so I only pad $50 for it.

P1050093.jpg

I used unistrut spring nuts to mount the box the floor utili-track.

4e198fe4.jpg

You can get them at most hardware stores. 2 in a bag for $3.00

bigdog

Adventurer
pick up a trailer tool box from Harbor Freight. It's doesn't take up a lot of room but big enough for me to carrier my trail gear and tools.

4e198fe4.jpg

That's a great idea! With this spring nuts is the box through bolted to the track? Or was there something on the underside of the box that they hooked to?

06_footy

Oh I also had a coupon for %20 off so I only pad $50 for it.

P1050093.jpg

4e198fe4.jpg

Looks good :coffeedrink:

mcm4090

Explorer
That's a great idea! With this spring nuts is the box through bolted to the track? Or was there something on the underside of the box that they hooked to?

There was already holes in the floor of the box but I had to drill two more holes to mount the box to the floor utili-track.

mcm4090

Explorer
Little update.

I finally got around to painting the rear bumper black a few weeks ago.

P1050832.jpg

I also replaced my back up camera system. The wireless set up did not last very long so I switch to hard wire system. The picture quality is a lot better on this one.

mcm4090

Explorer
Replace lower control arms.

I have really bad creaking sound coming from the front end for over a month. It started after one of my wheeling trip going though some heavy sand then mud. The noise was coming from the lower control arm mounts. I also had a frozen camber adjuster in the left lower control arm.

I found a set of replacement arms made by Mevotech. What makes them seem like an upgrade is that these arms come with greasable ball joints. I got a great price on them, it only cost me $180 shipped and they were at my house in 2 days. I believe that I could get the adjust out of the control arm so I didn't order them at the same time.

I spent Saturday replacing the arms in my driver and everything was going good until I got to the frozen adjuster. Tried a few things to save the bolt but it just was not coming out so I ended up cutting the arm and the adjust out.

P1050969.jpg

I got at set of 2 adjusts from a local Carquest for $33.00. Not bad especially since I didn't have to wait for them to be shipped.

P1050985.jpg

After the install I took it for a quick road test and was happy to discover the noise was gone. Today I will be taken it to my shop to do the alignment. I twill be nice to have everything back in to spec.

Here is the new arms installed.

P1050984.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
Not anytime soon. Right now I am working on getting my wife's truck up to speed with mine. I hope to have a rear bumper, sliders, and skids for that one by the end of the year.

IZVERG

Adventurer
Nice find on that aftermarket LCA. Spread the word! I'm sure everyone on TNX will be happy to hear about it.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Mevotech is already getting props over there. Rook's all about them now, so you know everyone will hear about them.

r50fj60

Observer
Wow i'm late to this party.
Truck looks excellent! Pretty sure i've seen you around Manasty, as I recall :Wow1:ing at a rig like yours at some point. Hell maybe you've seen my old man in our white fj60 (complete with rust mods!). I just fart around in my stock 98 caR50. Anyhoo, figure i'd say kudos to a fellow manassas resident.

:beer:, Billy

Wildcattaco

You didn't happen to be in Virginia beach last week did you? I remember seeing a rear bumper like yours and thinking that its similar to a custom build that I want to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles