Roof Repair: Time to Get to Work. Advice Requested

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
OK, it's time to start the repair on my 2007 Sun Valley PU truck camper. I bought it with some roof/corner damage and just got it into the shop a couple of days ago. I'm not sure what the original cause was, but my intent is to repair it and mount a solar panel on the roof. I will obviously need to pull the vinyl down, remove the corner cap, support the roof and then see how things look.

Have any of you done a repair like this? Anyone have links to a like repair? Any other tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

iPhone%20Pics%2012-27-16%20011_zpsikbjwnnq.jpg

iPhone%20Pics%2012-27-16%20012_zpszckwadux.jpg

iPhone%20Pics%2012-27-16%20009_zps9fbbwxbh.jpg

iPhone%20Pics%2012-27-16%20010_zpsbejyvhlo.jpg

Bill Barlow

Roof repair

The the rear herco torsion bar has ripped out of the corner. I installer an angle iron bar between the two rear corners and spliced a replacement corner. See pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 27

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Soooo...8 months later I was able to spend a little time on this. Funny how building fences, corrals, round pens, etc. get in the way of fun stuff. Removed the passenger side window to see if the local glass shop can replace the lower glass panel. I also got the rear roof board out last night which was more fun than expected. Still need to cut the driver's side roof skirt in half and remove the bad portion. I have the new wood ready to go but it may be a bit before I get that far. I hope things will slow down as it cools off.

kWc4NpZ.jpg

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Local glass place was able to replace the lower portion of the window with tinted plexiglass for about $80. I'm happy with that. Will try to get it installed in the next day or two.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
A little bit at a time! I can only sneak in an hour here and there, but at least I was able to reinstall the window.
SDGYdlZ.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne