WTB: Adventure-ready vehicle <$22K

Eknomf

I am considering posting my 1992 Mitsubishi Delica Reimo Camper up for sale:
-It is essentially a 4x4, turbodiesel version of a Syncro Westfalia. Comparitively, it is a little smaller and much more capable (low range 4x4, more torque, better geometry/clearance) offroad.
-US import eligible
-One of about 500 of these made
-About 130,000 km
-Factory camperized with sink, stove, diesel heater, cabinets, poptop, upper/lower bunks, awning, etc.
-Best suited to one or two people, but sleeps 4
-Auto transmission with low range 4x4
-Narrow width, good clearance, and great approach/departure angles means this van will go further than any other stock van; especially camperized vans!
-Body in decent shape with some bc pin striping; a bit of rust. Use as is if you are going to 4x4 it, or you may want to repaint if you want it to look perfect.
-Good mechanical shape; a bunch recent work done by Coombs Country Autos here on Vancouver Island

Considering selling, or ideally would trade for something interesting 4x4 with 4+seats (landcruiser, crewcab pickup, ??).

I usually don’t take many photos; here’s one I found in the archives... Can take more detailed shots if anyone is interested.

Definitely adventure ready!

11870904_10155938966175634_6348469039944388274_n.jpg

cussella

Great van but sadly not CA legal.

Just curious as I'm selling my Mitsubishi Delica I just imported from Canada. Has US plates and ready to transfer to a new owner.

How come it is illegal in California? I had no issue when I was headed back to register it there. But perhaps I'm missing some information..

calicamper

Expedition Leader
If your in SF know your height restrictions. My stock 93 LC on 285's would scratch the SFO short term parking roof with my Yakima rack installed. I had a spare inch without rack at home for the garage. It was nice knowing the LC would fit parking garages at least barely with a occasional rub. Any taller I would have had to sell it.

Beater_Bimmer

Adventurer
Just curious as I'm selling my Mitsubishi Delica I just imported from Canada. Has US plates and ready to transfer to a new owner.

How come it is illegal in California? I had no issue when I was headed back to register it there. But perhaps I'm missing some information..

Smog/CARB compliance. Unless you already have a CARB sticker, otherwise it's costly to obtain...

Beater_Bimmer

Adventurer
If your in SF know your height restrictions. My stock 93 LC on 285's would scratch the SFO short term parking roof with my Yakima rack installed. I had a spare inch without rack at home for the garage. It was nice knowing the LC would fit parking garages at least barely with a occasional rub. Any taller I would have had to sell it.

I park outside so height is no issue for me.

cussella

Smog/CARB compliance. Unless you already have a CARB sticker, otherwise it's costly to obtain...

Diesel Smog Test Exemption: The DMV does not require a California emission inspection (smog check) for the following types of vehicles:
Any diesel car or diesel pickup truck which is 1997 model year or older.

Only because I've done a lot of research because of our import, I want to mention I've never heard of anyone having any issues registering these in CA, they are at latest a 1992 diesel. Smog is not necessary for Delica's, and they are well below the 14,000 weight of a heavy duty vehicle, coming in around 4,200 lbs.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
@tgreening, anymore info/pics of that ambo?

There's a bunch of info, and a gazillion pics (sort of) in the Belafonte Reboot thread. I say sort of because Photobucket put the screws to all their members by breaking the pic links in a strong arm for cash move. If you run google chrome or Firefox browsers (others?) there are plugins that work some kind of voodoo magic to restore the links.

I'll get around to fixing it the right way and give Photobucket a big fat boot in the process, but it's low on the priority totem pole at the moment.

Anything specific you want to know/see?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94