WTB: Adventure-ready vehicle <$22K

Beater_Bimmer

Adventurer
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a cool expedition vehicle that is already built in some way or another to give me a jump start. Looking for a vehicle for: light off-roading, weekend surf trips, weekend camping and potentially longer expedition trips.

I have up to $22,000 to spend. Looking for vehicles such as: Sprinter vans, Gen 1 or 2 Tacoma's or 4-Runners, FJ40/60/80's Land Rover Disco's. etc.

Post up or PM me if you want to convert your vehicle into cash!

I'm located in San Francisco, CA (not opposed to out-of-state vehicles).

Thanks,
Matt

txmxer

is 4x4 a must? I have a 2wd gen 2 tacoma with full long travel (total chaos and dmv spring under with deavers). Quality build, new tires, parts prepped, etc. Not the usual kind of built rig we see on here but its been my daily driver for two years and does great offroad and in your budget, located in Southern California

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
You have an email or phone number? I have an fzj80 that's ready for it all. Yesterday I started typing up my build sheet/for sale ad. I'm not quite done with the ad but it may be something you're interested in.

you could literally pick it up and it's ready for a multi week Baja surf trip.

marklachica333 at gmail com. Hit me up I can send you some pics/build sheet.

Happykamper

Explorer
I think the tundra is a great rig ! Under budget pretty nice build !!!! Any sprinter your going to get for the 22k and under range is either going to be a needle in the haystack find , or well 22k does not buy a sprinter that is going to be hmmmm reliable ? And forget about one with 4wd at that price !!! JMO which isn't worth much since I'm not spending the money lol. GLWS the S is for search :)

sdmca

2004 GX470 - Ready to Travel - Few To-Do Items if Sold at this Price

I am in the process of doing a few final touches before listing my GX470. You'll be well under budget and able to take care of any updates/upgrades you would want to do.

Here's some details. If you are seriously interested in learning more PM me and I'll send you a detailed summary of the truck. I bought this to essentially do what you are doing now - buy an overland vehicle that I could jump in and go, while 'making it my own' over time. I've switched to a new build and will be listing the GX here in the next 10 days but saw the thread and thought this might work well for you...

I haven't arrived at the final price, but it definitely south of $22k. I use this for a daily driver and for trips. I’ve never broken down on the trail or on the road. I am not interested in removing components (ex: the refrigerator or RTT). I'm selling this as a package.

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_1707.JPG

2004 Lexus GX470 with KDSS
- 157,000 Miles
- Runs and drives excellent
- Timing Belt done at 90k
- Ash Blue Mica (visually it is grey), Leather Tan Interior
- Heated/Power Front Seats
- 3rd Row Currently Removed (but have it for the new order)
- Lexus fit-and-finish is incredible. No interior rattles, etc.

Upgrades/Modifications - Suspension/Armor
- Full Icon 2.5 Inch Lift
- SPC Front Upper Control Arms
- SPC Rear Upper Control Arms
- Diff Breathers Re-located
- Hankook 255/75r17 75% Tread on all on-axle Tires. Spare has ~25%
- Rock Rails

Upgrades/Modifications - Recovery & Storage
- ASFIR Behind-Bumper Hidden Winch Mount Tray
- TJM Winch
- Synthetic Line
- Factor 55 Thimble
- Custom Steel Rear Swing-out Spare Tire Bumper
- Wired Backup Camera to Camera in Tow Hitch (factory camera in-place and intact)
- African Outfitters Rack (and Assorted Hardware)
- Front-Runner Jerry Can Carrier
- 2 Fuel Jerry Cans
- Wired for CB (antenna cable ran through body panels, exit points under dash in the front, exiting the drive-side rear taillight in the rear. Currently not used.

Upgrades/Modifications - Sustainability/Sleep/Camp
- National Luna Dual Battery Isolator System
- National Luna Power Pack
- 2nd (House) Battery is AGM Die Hard Platinum
- Waeco Refrigerator
- Eezi-Awn Roof-Top Tent (works fine but needs a bit of repair - see below)
- Eezi-Awn Ground-Level Annex (only used a couple of times-like new)

Upgrades/Modifications/Comes-With - Other
- Wired (has harness) for GROM Audio Bluetooth and Handsfree. I removed the unit itself as it failed this past year. The stereo functions normally although I left the harness intact (which renders the CD Changer nullified. This is easily reversed).
- Comes ready to tow with a Tekonsha Prodigy 3 brake controller.

Warning - Cameras have a hard time capturing the desert pin striping. Don't be fooled. This truck has pin striping (of the clear coat).

PM me if you want to talk more about it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior