Cabela's Trailgear Covers

Burb One

Adventurer
I'll look into the low back cover, maybe get an exchange. The built in seat-belt 'hunchback' design of my Sub seat is highly problematic. I have a gray cordura seat bottom cover meant for the back seat, which we used in the last for our dogs. Not even sure it will fit the front, but if it does I can modify it. Or I can use it as a pattern to sew something that fits. Going to have to see what I can dredge up at the wrecking yards, too.
My driver seat back is in pretty good shape. It's the bottom that is now falling apart quickly, particularly after I bumped the vehicle up a couple inches. Getting in and out of it is now really tearing up that left side edge of the seat.

I'm curious to see what geron's got going on. what kind of seat he's got.

rayra-

My seats are the same design, but with cloth.

However- I got the cover with removable headrests Martin posted. I'd say that's your fitment problem. My only problem was the shoulder belt, not the fitment on the side bolsters, etc.

I'll get pictures this weekend when I'm with the truck

rayra

Expedition Leader
ok, looking forward to it. Was just getting ready to re-pack it and couldn't decide whether to check Return or Exchange on the form.

So does the upper belt hump fit under the seat cover, or did you make an opening for it to stick up out of?

Burb One

Adventurer
The upper shoulder belt hump I had to make an opening. Also, had to cut a little and sew a look on the inboard side of the hole for the head rest because the velcro opening was too small (If you exchange you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, I'll make sure to take pictures.

I would exchange for the one with the separate headrests. Knowing your skills, you'll make it work, probably better than I did. I haven't seen any that work better than these save for the $300 custom ones, but I've never even seen those in person

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz