Cabela's Trailgear Covers

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I've been on the fence about picking up a set of Cabela's trailgear seat covers for a while now, specifically the buckets. With the number on here I'm sure a fair bit of us have had experience with them, or any other lace up universal fit covers, so I'd like some reviews; were they worth it, do they fit well, are they holding up, worst thing about them?

I'm putting them on high back buckets without armrests

Last edited:

leucadiacruiser

Beach N Toys Chapter TLCA
here is a good writeup on 'Mud - I've got a pair in both my 62 and 80 series Land Cruisers and for the price, they are great. I do need to readjust once in a while as they slip a little bit. The new digi-camo have molle straps on the back which is pretty neat. I'm eyeing a bench cover for the back seat so my docks can climb in wet and muddy and I'm not worried about it. Maybe someday a set of Wet Okole or Marathon covers, but in the meantime, these are well worth the price.

02rangeredge

Adventurer

kayadog

Adventurer
I had a set in my XJ. They lasted forever and were very tough. Nothing close to a custom fit though. Good value for the price.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
thanks, I wasn't expecting as tight a fit as custom but from what I've found they're the closest thing to custom you can get for a Ford Ranger with buckets

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I'm thinking of picking up a set for my R50 Pathfinder. At the price I think they should be a good bet. I've spent big $$ on seat covers (for my '07 4runner) and while it was nice getting exactly what I wanted, in this case, the only purpose of the seat covers will be to protect the seat from weather, snow, etc since the Pathy is my DD.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
One thing I like about the Trailgear covers is that they make two models - one for seats that have built-in headrests and one for seats with separate headrests. I've tried putting "universal fit" covers on my seats before (all my vehicles have had separate headrests) and the ones that are designed to work on either kind of seat IMO look very sloppy when draped over the detachable headrests.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Im running the same set now on 3 vehicles. only thing i dont like are the strings on the sides...would much rather see a heavy duty velcro and loop.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
I run front and back on my F-350. Not a perfectly molded custom-fit job, but much better than expected. They are holding up great to some fair abuse. I don't think a guy can beat 'em for the price.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
One thing I like about the Trailgear covers is that they make two models - one for seats that have built-in headrests and one for seats with separate headrests. I've tried putting "universal fit" covers on my seats before (all my vehicles have had separate headrests) and the ones that are designed to work on either kind of seat IMO look very sloppy when draped over the detachable headrests.

just put the first one on, with the 3 buckles and adjustable straps on the bottom paired with the laces up the sides they fit really nicely- that said there are wings for lack of a better word that go up the backrest where the seat supports that you end up stretching the fabric so it doesn't contour the seat but it still gives when you lean against it so it's ok, also it has a set of sliding locks for the cord, cut those off and tie a knot or they'll slip

02rangeredge

Adventurer
how long have you had them? are both rows holding up the same? most of the whining I see is that the bench cover is built better

rayra

Expedition Leader
hmmm. Well given that the degradation of my leather driver seat is accelerating since I lifted my Sub a couple inches, I've been shopping hard to re-upholster it. $400 for matching leather pieces, I do the work myself. $200 for just a seat bottom. Best deal on that is $138 on eBay. So reading the posts on these was enough to make me go order 1 gray bucket to give it a whirl. Worth the $30 to my door to try it out.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I've installed 1 on my passenger seat, have to fix the drivers side first, and my girlfriend decided she needs a set too since they fit so well

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I've installed 1 on my passenger seat, have to fix the drivers side first, and my girlfriend decided she needs a set too since they fit so well
Do you have any pictures? I'd be interested in seeing how they look in a "real world" application vs. the "perfect" catalog pictures!

fortel

Adventurer
I've had a pair since 2011 that started out on my Xterra till it died and then I moved them to my 2012 Frontier. I'll try to grab a pic or two and post later. I got them to protect the front seats from my dog riding buddy and from me and my son getting in out filthy from trail building and other sweaty activities. They have some stains now that might come out if I would take the time to pull them off and wash them, but there are no rips or busted seams after 5 plus years of use. They're not a custom fit obviously but work extremely well for the price. My Frontier has the forward flat folding passenger seat back which made fitting that side a little more of a challenge but it has worked out fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior