Offroad & Overland Amateur Radio Net - Bay Area + IRLP

captadv

Spectator
I tried to get on irlp node 9351 but was not able to connect to it successfully. I don't think 9351 is a valid node.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

captadv

Spectator
Hmm... Could connect to 9350 but I tried a little after 8. Prior to that I tried 9351 and my local node reported nothing. But on 9350 it did report a connection. W7PEA

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

camp4x4

Adventurer
Is this net still active?

Hey,
Kind of sort of. I've missed a few due to being out of town recently, and attendance has kind of dropped off. Generally we're still doing it every Weds. night and some nights a handful of people show up. Some nights not so much.

I'm considering switching it to semi-weekly.

BWickett

Observer
Hey Aaron... did the IRLP node ever get sorted out? Just curious. I'd like to join in, but have been unsuccessful ever connecting. It's just a bit to far for me to hit the ridge without it. Brian

SandpointSteve

I just found this thread and have been a Ham for a couple weeks now. I'm going to try to make it in via IRLP but this week is my local Ham meeting at 7:00. If not I'll try to jump in on 9/20/17. Please post any updates to echolink access too. Always nice to have an option if the local node is being used.
Thanks
Steve

camp4x4

Adventurer
Hey Aaron... did the IRLP node ever get sorted out? Just curious. I'd like to join in, but have been unsuccessful ever connecting. It's just a bit to far for me to hit the ridge without it. Brian

You mean Echolink? IRLP has been running well recently. There was a week or something where it was down. Echolink still hasn't been setup. The repeater owner seems to be struggling with the config and recently has been moving, so not terribly high on his priority list unfortunately.

camp4x4

Adventurer
I just found this thread and have been a Ham for a couple weeks now. I'm going to try to make it in via IRLP but this week is my local Ham meeting at 7:00. If not I'll try to jump in on 9/20/17. Please post any updates to echolink access too. Always nice to have an option if the local node is being used.
Thanks
Steve

Come back 9/20 - we're switching to biweekly, so we won't have a net this week. We'll be back on the 20th though, hope to hear from you!

SandpointSteve

27 deg out there tonight. Hopefully I'll get a hand held from Santa and will catch up with you guys after the holidays.

Steve
KI7POE

camp4x4

Adventurer
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm gonna be putting the net on hold for a bit.

Lack of interest/attendance, the inability to get Echolink going on the current repeater, and my own desire to get my truck project done is driving the decision.

I'll post up again if/when I start this up again. I'd like to in the near future, but a few things need to change to make that feasible.

Hope everyone has a great winter! It was really fun talking to those who did join us and I really hope this won't be the end, just a pause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles