'99 Trooper exhaust...

Incusus

Adventurer
Anyone have some input on aftermarket exhaust for my trooper? Does anyone make high-flow cats for it? Can you make a recomendation on a decent muffler upgrade?

It's going to be cheaper to custom fabricate something rather than buying the obnoxiously expensive OEM pieces, so I may as well do it right....

jl8088

Adventurer
If i were to upgrade my '99 exhaust, i'd go with Borla Pro XS as they're nearly corrosionproof. (offset inlet, center outlet) and diameter (2 1/4) to match existing trooper exhaust.

Jeff
San Diego CA

jl8088

Adventurer
Part # (A) Inlet Diameter (B) Outlet Diameter (C) Shell Length (D) Shell Height (E) Shell Width (F)

A B C D E F
40357 2 1/4" 2 1/4" 14" 4" 9 1/2"

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
If you are going full custom, see if you can find a better place to put the cats. If your engine runs rich or your cats start to plug up, they will cook the tranny and transfer case.

Incusus

Adventurer
bigreen505 said:
If you are going full custom, see if you can find a better place to put the cats. If your engine runs rich or your cats start to plug up, they will cook the tranny and transfer case.

hmm, good thought. It gets hot enough under there as it is, and I'm all about not buying a transmission :Wow1:

Incusus

Adventurer
jl8088 said:
If i were to upgrade my '99 exhaust, i'd go with Borla Pro XS as they're nearly corrosionproof. (offset inlet, center outlet) and diameter (2 1/4) to match existing trooper exhaust.

Jeff
San Diego CA

Interesting... I'll have to do some looking about and see what I can find on these, thanks for the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior