Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 96 serro scotty 12v cummins, 5 speed NV 4500, 4x4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    263

    Default 96 serro scotty 12v cummins, 5 speed NV 4500, 4x4

    Picked up this sweet rig. Remodeling the inside, building the outside and moving in it full time. Tired of paying rent. 4x4, 5.9 12v cummins, 5 speed NV4500. Already started peeling the ridiculous pink and blue stripes. Next thing to come is polish the fiberglass, bumper, tires, wheels, maybe lift? Biggest issue I am having is finding tall tires to fit 16x6 rims. Might be getting super singles so I can accommodate 35s. Drove it 1k miles home with zero issues. Started right up after my -30 overnight stop.

    thumbnail_IMG_1582.jpg
    Last edited by 60toyetero; 01-07-2017 at 06:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arizona/Roseville
    Posts
    1,282
    Very nice !!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2
    Nice!

  4. #4
    I'd love to see the inside

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    263
    Has anybody here dealt with Trail Worthy Fab? I am really wanting to try out some h1 24 bead lock wheels with the Baja TA 37 tires and go single on the back. I dig the look of the earth roamers and with a small lift and that tire set combo I think the look would change completly. There is nothing out there with a nice aggressive look all 34 inch tires are pretty much semi tire with a blank side wall. Any thoughts? This would be the look im going for

    10899175_465974743605412_173982280_n.jpg
    New Wheels and cut outs.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPepperwood View Post
    I'd love to see the inside
    I already started taring it up hahah once I get something going I will update. It has a lot of room is awesome!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by 60toyetero View Post
    Has anybody here dealt with Trail Worthy Fab? I am really wanting to try out some h1 24 bead lock wheels with the Baja TA 37 tires and go single on the back. I dig the look of the earth roamers and with a small lift and that tire set combo I think the look would change completly. There is nothing out there with a nice aggressive look all 34 inch tires are pretty much semi tire with a blank side wall. Any thoughts? This would be the look im going for
    I've dealt with them in the past, and know several guys who are currently running their custom rim setup, mostly for rock crawling though. They offer some really good stuff, and stand behind their product. They're currently developing a line of 17" rims to work with the more common tire sizes.
    Suzuki Samurai and Trailer build

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepmudder View Post
    I've dealt with them in the past, and know several guys who are currently running their custom rim setup, mostly for rock crawling though. They offer some really good stuff, and stand behind their product. They're currently developing a line of 17" rims to work with the more common tire sizes.
    Good to hear. My biggest issue is weight capacity on tires. Not much out there that can handle 4500 per wheel and tire. the camper is a Dually and want to just put singles on the back. The baja tires are rated at 4500 and so are the goodyear that why I would not mind going that route. Seeing another posting on there of the ford he had issues for years with a vibration at 50 and then at 70 so I am concern about that. dont want to lift and spend the money on things to find out they have bad vibrations you know

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Who knows
    Posts
    425
    I would look at something like a vision 19.5 with a 285/70/19.5 tire as a single. The 19.5 should handle the weight well.

    Cool truck.
    Alan
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door 6 Speed
    2000 Honda xr650r supermoto/dualsport
    1985 me

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by lstzephyr View Post
    I would look at something like a vision 19.5 with a 285/70/19.5 tire as a single. The 19.5 should handle the weight well.

    Cool truck.
    What tires have you seen 285/70/19.5 ? I would like something to have a nice aggressive look to it but finding something aside from a bold sidewall semi looking tires has been impossible. also looks like those wheels are rated at 3900 per wheel. The rig has about 8200 on the rear axel to water in tank
    Last edited by 60toyetero; 01-11-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •