96 serro scotty 12v cummins, 5 speed NV 4500, 4x4

60toyetero

Adventurer
Nice! That's a lot of storage on the back! Was that there when you got it?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It was on there when i picked it up. Its a custom build by protech, attached to the frame itself from the rear. heck of a job and it fits like a glove. I'm stoked to have a place for overflow gear and dirty cloths

864x4rv

Observer
Love the scotty. I have a 1995 automatic trans. Had custom built rear springs for a 5 inch lift and front suspension upgrade. upgraded the p pump and injections for a little more horse power- 300-320 and upgraded transmission. I am inspired to redo the interior. Have you worked on the engine at all since 175 hp make this unit under power. Any delamination issues and how did you fix? Love to share notes and if you are ever in the san Francisco bay area or Tahoe shoot me a message.

60toyetero

Adventurer
Love the scotty. I have a 1995 automatic trans. Had custom built rear springs for a 5 inch lift and front suspension upgrade. upgraded the p pump and injections for a little more horse power- 300-320 and upgraded transmission. I am inspired to redo the interior. Have you worked on the engine at all since 175 hp make this unit under power. Any delamination issues and how did you fix? Love to share notes and if you are ever in the san Francisco bay area or Tahoe shoot me a message.

I have to say that I do not feel like this unit is under power as is. I am not sure if it has stock fuel plate or if it was upgraded at some point but I can accelerate and cruise as if is just a dodge truck and not a motorhome. The intake is an Afe upgrade and is a straight pipe all the way back. turbo has a nice sound too so not sure if the wheel was upgraded. I have not done anything to the engine so far as it had a fresh oil change when i bough it and I drove it 1k miles with zero issues. I am getting the KDP tapped monday as I have no clue if it was done before or not so It is def a must. I have no delamination and it has a new roof as well. Once I am finished with the inside and nice weather is here I will be def crawling in the engine bay a lot more and doing upgrades all around drivetrain wise. It drives very straight without pulling or wondering around so might not do anything to the front. a good inspeccion will tell. You going to expo west? Thinking we will be driving it down

Deshet

Adventurer
I would like to find out more information about your front bumper.

Do you have any updated pictures? I just bought a 1995 and it is hard to find good information.

I want to replace the shocks but can't find any good information about what I should purchase, as very few RVs were built on this frame.

Mine is the longer version with the tag axle

1995 dodge.jpg

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles