96 serro scotty 12v cummins, 5 speed NV 4500, 4x4

60toyetero

Adventurer
Picked up this sweet rig. Remodeling the inside, building the outside and moving in it full time. Tired of paying rent. 4x4, 5.9 12v cummins, 5 speed NV4500. Already started peeling the ridiculous pink and blue stripes. Next thing to come is polish the fiberglass, bumper, tires, wheels, maybe lift? Biggest issue I am having is finding tall tires to fit 16x6 rims. Might be getting super singles so I can accommodate 35s. Drove it 1k miles home with zero issues. Started right up after my -30 overnight stop.

thumbnail_IMG_1582.jpg

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
Has anybody here dealt with Trail Worthy Fab? I am really wanting to try out some h1 24 bead lock wheels with the Baja TA 37 tires and go single on the back. I dig the look of the earth roamers and with a small lift and that tire set combo I think the look would change completly. There is nothing out there with a nice aggressive look all 34 inch tires are pretty much semi tire with a blank side wall. Any thoughts? This would be the look im going for

10899175_465974743605412_173982280_n.jpg
New Wheels and cut outs.jpg

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Has anybody here dealt with Trail Worthy Fab? I am really wanting to try out some h1 24 bead lock wheels with the Baja TA 37 tires and go single on the back. I dig the look of the earth roamers and with a small lift and that tire set combo I think the look would change completly. There is nothing out there with a nice aggressive look all 34 inch tires are pretty much semi tire with a blank side wall. Any thoughts? This would be the look im going for

I've dealt with them in the past, and know several guys who are currently running their custom rim setup, mostly for rock crawling though. They offer some really good stuff, and stand behind their product. They're currently developing a line of 17" rims to work with the more common tire sizes.

60toyetero

Adventurer
I've dealt with them in the past, and know several guys who are currently running their custom rim setup, mostly for rock crawling though. They offer some really good stuff, and stand behind their product. They're currently developing a line of 17" rims to work with the more common tire sizes.

Good to hear. My biggest issue is weight capacity on tires. Not much out there that can handle 4500 per wheel and tire. the camper is a Dually and want to just put singles on the back. The baja tires are rated at 4500 and so are the goodyear that why I would not mind going that route. Seeing another posting on there of the ford he had issues for years with a vibration at 50 and then at 70 so I am concern about that. dont want to lift and spend the money on things to find out they have bad vibrations you know

lstzephyr

wanderer
I would look at something like a vision 19.5 with a 285/70/19.5 tire as a single. The 19.5 should handle the weight well.

Cool truck.

60toyetero

Adventurer
I would look at something like a vision 19.5 with a 285/70/19.5 tire as a single. The 19.5 should handle the weight well.

Cool truck.

What tires have you seen 285/70/19.5 ? I would like something to have a nice aggressive look to it but finding something aside from a bold sidewall semi looking tires has been impossible. also looks like those wheels are rated at 3900 per wheel. The rig has about 8200 on the rear axel to water in tank

Last edited:

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Good to hear. My biggest issue is weight capacity on tires. Not much out there that can handle 4500 per wheel and tire. the camper is a Dually and want to just put singles on the back. The baja tires are rated at 4500 and so are the goodyear that why I would not mind going that route. Seeing another posting on there of the ford he had issues for years with a vibration at 50 and then at 70 so I am concern about that. dont want to lift and spend the money on things to find out they have bad vibrations you know

The guy who owns this rig regularly drives it at highway speeds with very little issue beyond the fact that it's a highly modified vehicle.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,59327.0.html

I understand there's a significant weight difference.

60toyetero

Adventurer
Thanks man! 1k mile drive home tested the rig for sure! :). Got to work peeling the decals so I can get my custom touch on it. Decided to go with 33s bfg km2 for now Hopefully they fill in nicely. Waiting on the call when the tires come in.

thumbnail_IMG_1657.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
255/85-16s should fit your wheels. They are a touch over 33.5" tall. You can get the BFGs or Toyo MT in that size. Neither one is very "highway looking". I think Cooper might sell the ST Maxx in that size too. They are a great tire and WAY cheaper than the BFGs or Toyos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles