Mexico - current situation 1-7-17

I'm watching it very closely. I had planned to cross the border yesterday. I'm in El Centro about 10 miles north of the border just hanging out trying to come up with a new plan. I'm subscribed to a few blogs and it seems like a real mixed bag of what's going on down there. I spoke with a Mexican yesterday and she said don't go now.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I'm watching it very closely. I had planned to cross the border yesterday. I'm in El Centro about 10 miles north of the border just hanging out trying to come up with a new plan. I'm subscribed to a few blogs and it seems like a real mixed bag of what's going on down there. I spoke with a Mexican yesterday and she said don't go now.

Ya I am a couple weeks out but watching it closely. I honestly think it will be alright to go now. Just got to be very aware and not travel far if fuel is an issue. Posting up for a week or two on a beach in Baja doesn't sound so bad. Also avoid hot spots. Thing is if it gets much worse Mexico could be a real challenge to travel in by vehicle.

Cheers

dlh62c

Explorer
I crossed back into the states on the 3rd at Nogales. Only issue I had was the 4 hour wait to enter the states. Everyone it seemed decided to cross that day.

I saw only one gasoline potest at a station in Hermosillo Sonora. Diesel was plentiful.

I'm currently in Calexico (right across the border from Mexicali). This evening I noticed quite a few vehicles in the south part of town with Mexican plates lined up for fuel. Not sure if they're coming across the border to get fuel because it's cheaper here or because it's not easily available in Mexicali, or who knows.....maybe it's always like this.....it's my first time here. I plan to hike into Mexicali tomorrow and look around.

Still lots of mixed information on forum I'm following.....

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I'm heading down for the long weekend...just to Puerto Penasco, but I'm not expecting any issues. Seems pretty quiet in most places.

-H-

Flyinbronco

Observer
I got a report from a local in San Felipe that they are out of gas. Diesel is available. Puretocitos has gas but limited to 200 pesos. Lots of stations out of fuel and they're owners are afraid to get deliveries in case government lowers prices with all the unrest and price protests. I would not venture south at this time.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Reports as of 1/11/17 that Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), just south of Ajo and Sonoita has fuel, with no problems.

Heading South on Saturday for a couple days...but taking a couple jerry cans just in case....

-H-

Flaco

I live and work in Zacatecas. No issues here...yet. As a precaution we have been maintaining all of our vehicles with 3/4 tanks. Sucks for the border. We expect the issue to hit us any day now.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I live and work in Zacatecas. No issues here...yet. As a precaution we have been maintaining all of our vehicles with 3/4 tanks. Sucks for the border. We expect the issue to hit us any day now.

You know this thread has been quiet for 2 years, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles