Big Bend Ranch State Park-Texas

Biker Eagle

Observer
Our 1st night in the park camped along the Rio Grande off Hwy 170.
20161228_171341(1).jpg

Our second night we stayed at a backcountry site, La Monilla, about 2 hours from the ranger station. Secluded to say the least. It was a rugged 2 track that disappeared at times. It sleeted and snowed on us that night and the wind chill was brutal but the RTT was insulated before we left and we were nice and toasty.
20161230_095617.jpg
The next day we headed up to the Road to Nowhere.
20161229_135727.jpg
Narrow two track.
20161229_132209.jpg
That's all the pics from my Phone. For some reason the pictures from my Canon will not upload and will have to work on it. Most of my pictures are on the Canon.

Both the state park and national park are awesome, and we thoroughly enjoyed both, But there were far fewer folks at BBRSP. One nice difference was that we were able to have campfires in BBRSP. Be sure to bring extra gas because there's no fuel in the park, and the closest fuel is about a 4 hour round trip.

WeeJeep2

Adventurer
Keep those pictures coming. I'm headed down in Feb. I've been working on a trip report from BBRSP from two years ago. Should have it up in a day or two.
I just upgraded a Cannon camera. My hiking camera had a scratched lens from lots of use. If you got a new one, make sure you download the latest version of their camera window software. The new camera wouldn't work with the old software. If your camera has WiFI to download, don't count on that being fast. Plugged in with a wire is the way to go unless you are only doing a couple at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94