E350 Chinook Build

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Sweet build out. I've got a 97 Chinook and am currently on a 5-6 month cross country trip in mine http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/ I've thought about lifting mine but I'm a cheap bastard and never get around to it. I really like mine though. Not to big and really comfortable for traveling. I've had mine a few places I shouldn't have but it all turned out alright. Again, that's a sweet looking Chinook you've got there. I'll follow along with your continued build out. Thanks for posting!

TotTiffUpperPI%20%285%29-XL.jpg

ajmaudio

Adventurer
whats the interior height in that thing... Im just over 6'3... trying to decide if I would be comfortable. Wife and I have been eyeballing these for a year.

brianpeck

Awesome rig! I'm also in CT, have a conversion van I'm building out and a DR350 for the back. What part of the state are you in?

willywalderbeast

Master of None
whats the interior height in that thing... Im just over 6'3... trying to decide if I would be comfortable. Wife and I have been eyeballing these for a year.
You would probably be able to stand up in the middle of the rig but would be close.

Awesome rig! I'm also in CT, have a conversion van I'm building out and a DR350 for the back. What part of the state are you in?

Thanks, I live in New Haven. Speaking of DR350s, I might be ditching mine and keeping this new bike I scored for cheap. KTM 620! Little heavier but should still sit nicely on the back of the rig.
image.jpg

ajmaudio

Adventurer
Thanks... if you ever end up measuring your actual interior height do post it please. Having a hard time getting a real number, and I cant just go to a lot and check one out as you know. Thanks! I'll be watching the build.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Thanks... if you ever end up measuring your actual interior height do post it please. Having a hard time getting a real number, and I cant just go to a lot and check one out as you know. Thanks! I'll be watching the build.

Quick google search shows 6'5" for almost all the models except the Destiny model which is on the Chevy chassis. The AC unit does hang down a couple inches in the middle of the floor plan that you will have to duck under when moving around.

http://www.chinookrvclub.net/Chinook_Website.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier