Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mojave Road - A Newbie's Tale Pt 1 - Pic Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Jelorian View Post
    Thanks for the write up and pics. Great that you had family with you. The kids will remember this for the rest of their lives. Hoping to do Mojave for the first time later this year. Maybe do it in 4 days 3 nights so we have more time to check out stuff.

Love it when you mod your rig and actually get to put the stuff through it's paces.

Did you have to do a lot of air down/air up on this trip?
    No on the air down. I normally drive around at 36psi. I had heard about the sharp rocks on the road to Ft. Piute so I dropped just to 30 to do the road - also given the sand I felt that was a good number. However, on Day 3 with the deep blow sand and water ahead of us - I went ahead and dropped to 25 for that entire leg. No need to go below that and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to go to 25 - but why push my luck right?
    /
    If you are doing 3 nights - 4 days; I would definitely add in: Kelso Depot and Indian Hill. PM me your number and I can show you a few things that are not on the map or in the book. I didn't get a chance to do then - yet. I'll be doing another trip out there to hit some other stuff.

thanks you for share!

Thanks for posting a very entertaining and informative article! I too have bought the book, and have been reading maps and looking online in preparation for an early April trip.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like an awesome trip! Great pictures and can't wait to get out there

Awesome trip report!. When I did the trip last May the bypass was just beginning to be used as the road had just recently washed out. We got TONS of pin-striping on our trucks from the narrow trails (especially our wide raptor). I was curious if you had that problem on your recent trip? I figure a year later it must be a bit wider by now. What was teh damage through that section if any?

Hi Enjoyed your Mojave trip report. Looks like y'all had fun.
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by sushisean View Post
    Awesome trip report!. When I did the trip last May the bypass was just beginning to be used as the road had just recently washed out. We got TONS of pin-striping on our trucks from the narrow trails (especially our wide raptor). I was curious if you had that problem on your recent trip? I figure a year later it must be a bit wider by now. What was teh damage through that section if any?
    Apologies - I'm only 10 months late in replying - ooops. Yes - I got pinstriping - no big deal it's a 15 year old vehicle and most of it waxes out. Like you, my buddy was in his Raptor and he wasn't real thrilled with his new pinstripes - LOL.
    2002 Chevy Avalanche 1500 4x4 North Face Edition: Cut, drilled, trimmed, strengthened, beefed, wired, and sooped. A lot done, but more to do as I learn. Capability, Reliability, Survivability Recoverability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123