Tool Storage

M35A2

Tinkerer
I thought OP was asking for ideas on how to carry tools in rigs because he needed to figure out how to store tools in a tiny space in his new downsized home.

OP, if that is it, suggest some surplus gym or shop lockers. Build a wooden base with wheels. Stack them and they fit ammo cans or cardboard boxes or whatever, each with certain types of tools. You can get an awful lot into a small space - think rectilinear storage.

The nice thing about gym or school lockers is that there is very little wasted space. Just thin metal boxes. Even the nicest roll cab wastes space for drawer slides and the like and if you are condensing storage space every cubic inch matters.

I have a setup of three 'wide' units of three vertical lockers and six 'narrow' of two vertical lockers. The narrow lockers are stacked atop the wider ones. It is amazing what you can put away in them and it is very easy to get to exactly what you need.

The height off the floor due to the wooden platform with casters gives me below storage for surplus/repurposed steel boxes for tools such as Stilson wrenches, bolt cutters, pry bars and the like.

Last edited:

jeegro

Adventurer
I recently picked up the new Bucket Boss super roll off eBay, it's pretty slick. I have separate pockets for adhesives, sealants, lubricants, pens/common items, and some electrical tools.

IMG_0269.jpgIMG_0268.jpg

jswift716

Adventurer
Most of my stuff is organized into husky bags, the ones like pencil bags but way more durable. Then stuffed into a larger 20mm ammo can. Yeah it's bulky but I've used it with a bottle jack on top to get out of a high centered spot and it worked, didn't crease or dent either

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz