Vibration over 60mph / K02's anyone?

1range

Adventurer
Hello all,

So I realized after about a week or two I don't drive on the hwy often. But while running my 275/55/20 K02 on factory 20's, I noticed they have a pretty good vibration @ around 60-65mph. Anyone else having or noticed this issued. And yes I have had them road forced balanced at MB. I have K02s on a few of my trucks and this is the only one I am having issues with. I talked to a friend that runs k02s often as well and said hes had the problem randomly and can't seem to figure out why or what is causing it. I have a 2016 G550 if that matters!

1range

Adventurer
Hey guys, follow up... Had MB align it after a whooping 2k miles from new, and road force the tires again. Just got back from a 500 mile trip yesterday! Much better, other than the 30mph on the beam!

OR2BAJA

Observer
BFG's have notorious issues throughout a variety of platforms. I prefer Yokohama at/s. I have ran them for years and never had a single failure. 5 sets of 37's on a Baja bound Dodge diesel and two sets on VW Touaregs. I don't understand the big popularity.

emoynier

I had the same issue. I had the tires and wheels road forced balance. All good now.

Last edited:

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I prefer Yokohama at/s. I have ran them for years and never had a single failure.

Agreed 100%. As an aside, my tire dealer said that they had the lowest road force he has ever seen on any tire be it street or off-road. The only negative would be that they can develop a flat spot when parked for days or weeks at a time (as is my G500); and it takes driving a few miles before they smooth out. They are then quiet and smooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles