A little bit of Pro Speed showed up L322 and LR4 Special items

A.J.M

Explorer
The products are great.
I have the ladder, compressor guard and the sump, centre and diff guards on mine. The fit is excellent and they have been very helpful with me.

Prospeed DO now offer either powder coating OR Raptor coating from the factory.
I would suggest going for the Raptor finish personally. Yes, it's extra expense but i feel it would be worth it. It's what i'm getting done for mine.

Maybe something for Fivespeed to consider for future orders and to discuss with Ben or whoever you have been speaking to.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Unfortunately all ladders are suffering with blistering paint, no exceptions regarding any company. Heck, my spare wheels has blisters all over from a read salt and other factors.
My Prospeed roof rack on the other hand has been great and after a year and a half , being outside and all, does not show any signs of wear yet.Cheers

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Same goes for the roof rack. Mine has been on our LR4 about 1 1/2 yrs here in PHX AZ and shows exact same issues as the ladder :/ Dont get me wrong, still love their products. Just some heads up to everyone.

Ill talk to Ben about this issue and see if they have changed anything in the powder coating process.

stuartr

For what it's worth, I have their sliders, and they are great, but I agree about the coating. They have been on for about six months and the undersides are already rusting and there are scratches all over the place where I step into the car. I live in Iceland with a lot of gravel roads and the rocks are volcanic, so they can be very sharp, but I really regret not getting the stronger coating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior