2003 4Runner - what should I pay?

Apaden

Hi,

I am looking into buying a 4Runner and came across an '03 with 98,000. It is listed a dealership and they just received it. I went to look at it and it is a car from Texas. It has a cracked dash, has some 'sun burnt' paint, and was in a little rear corner accident. The dent doesn't look too bad. They said they are going to fix all those problems and anything else it needs. It is a V8 and seems to run strong and all the power electronics work (it has manual seats and no sunroof).

They offered me a price of $9,400. This seems like a good deal considering the prices that are out there but I wanted to reach out to the community first to gather some thoughts.

Thanks!
Anthony

Happykamper

Explorer
You should Pay what you feel comfortable paying. I love it when folks tell each other what they should pay for a rig! It's your budget, if you think your going to make money on it ... Probably not, but if you like it and can afford it buy it . Buying vehicles for the reason most people on this forum are buying them for, is a case of " I want " not " I need " . So what if you pay a few hundred more then someone here thinks it's worth? Your buying it for fun! If we were all buying something to drive from point A to point B and being reasonable about it , well this forum would be filled with Toyota Prius models. Say Frank did you do any cool mods on your Gigantic Prius V ? No Sam but I got out in it and did 80 mph and still got 42mpg :).
IMHO buy it if you like it !!!

Apaden

There's no maintenance records. And I look to buy rigs that I won't lose my pants on. I usually buy a rig, drive it for years and sell it for what I paid for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke