Day Trip Exploring the Desert Near Lake Havasu City AZ

7Runner-min-e1484197417199.jpg

I lived in Lake Havasu for a few years and really learned to love exploring the desert. Not long after picking up my Land Cruiser my brother started to really take an interest in Overlanding. Finally in November he pulled the trigger on a 2016 Toyota 4Runner. Since we were both going to be in AZ at the same time over the holidays we decided we needed to get a trip in. I remembered a few of my favorite trails and used Hema maps and Google earth to plan out a day trip that would allow us to really put the 4Runner through it's paces. Here is a video we put together of from the trip.

We set out early on the west side of town and headed out into the desert down Havasu wash. The entire area has dozens of break off trails and plenty of places to camp. The best thing about AZ is the awesome winter weather. Despite being rainy the temps were great and the rare low hanging clouds were beautiful.

Wash-min-e1484197522139.jpg

We had a complete blast, and were blown away by the beautiful Arizona desert. I am always amazed at how vast and beautiful our surroundings are. Top that off with an awesome day exploring with my brother and being super impressed with the 4Runner off-road and the only it could have been better is if we had more time.

Could you share some more info on the trails around there? We just bought a second home there, and I have not had to much time to explore the desert yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles