Toyota frame settlement

Anota

Observer
Just got our info slip from toyota in the mail for our families '05 Sequoia with bad frame rust.. looks like they are reaching out to owners in RI right now

River19

Observer
To add a bit of color here, anyone offered a new frame.........do it. My 2001 Tundra frame was replaced in 2011 with 155K on it.......I used it as an opportunity to upgrade and fix some things that would normally come with huge labor bills.....I added headers for only ~$50 in additional labor as the engine was coming out.....I replaced the steering rack, shocks, etc. Any bolt on parts can be swapped usually for little to no additional labor as they were performing the work anyways. The job the dealer did was fantastic, all new bolts and lines and no rattles whatsoever 6 years later and at 229K miles almost 75K miles later.

I just figured I would throw that out there as some people think a replacement frame job results in an inferior rig.......if you are planning on keeping it.......embrace the frame job and expect to pay something for parts that need to be replaced when they do it.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Hey I just read this , does that mean you would have all ready had frame checked or you still can I bought a 07 a month ago and it's a little rusty and asked dealer
If there was any recalls on them he said no. Because I think I would like to have it checked if I can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior