Brian's 2006 Toyota Tundra Quicksand Build

brian1991

This Truck started off as a Blue Access cab limited with a leer type bed carpeted topper with 115k on the clock. Took me a while to find one for a good price but shipped her to Texas from California. The interior was excellent but paint on the rear side looked to have been repainted and the clear coat was coming off. Minor blemishes but then we had a few hail storms and i quickly got my insurance check for the hail damage. After a couple long trips to NO and Austin i needed wheel bearings. Toyota told me i needed tires which were making the noise which i didn't believe them but needed tires anyway. New yokohamas and still a noise so they did the wheel bearings for free afterwards.

Next to address paint I decided it was about the same cost to do dents and new paint vs. linex'ing the whole truck without dent repair. My inspiration was the new quicksand color on the trd pro's. Had a friend at linex and got a deal and it turned out great! I left the front and rear bumpers off to save cost with anticipation off armor.

The options are limited for armor for first gen tundras I soon found out as coming from a tacoma. Found Bruteforcefab and Billy texted me some pictures of bumpers he'd done and had good prices.

Truck was linexed but now the wait for bumpers. i decided after owning a 2005 tundra, 07 tundra and two 2012 Tacoma's this was the truck I would build and hopefully keep in the family as it's just right for me.

Armor: Coming soon

Brute Force Fab Winch bumper with hoops
Brute Force Fab rear swing out bumper with fold down table
Brute Force Fab Sliders

Suspension:

Front: Toytech Boss with red Eibach 650lb springs
Total Chaos Upper A arm
Energy suspension steering rack bushings
Energy Suspension Sway bar bushing
Wheelers Diff Drop

Rear: Wheelers Add a leaf with axle shims

Stainless front & Rear Brake lines

Toyo Open Country 33'' Tires
Pro Comp Steel wheels
ARB Air compressor
Front & Rear ARB lockers

Front Runner Rack

SPOD

Various Chinese light bars and pods coming soon

ARB Intensity lights for bumper I snagged off a member here a few months back!

Not done yet but want to thank Baertrax in Dallas for helping me build this awesome rig!

IMG_6371.jpg
IMG_6375.jpgIMG_6372.jpg

Last edited:

HighPlains

Observer
I was thinking the same thing! That or forest service green... I've always wanted an old forest service truck but can't give up the Toyota.
Ive run across a couple former FS Tundras before, all first gens just can remember if they were regular or access cab models.

Last edited:

brian1991

IMG_6442.jpgIMG_6441.jpg

Bumpers loaded now waiting on sliders and adding ARB lights, winch, and some light bars/pods. Hopefully some outdoor photos in February taking a quick trip to New Braunfels, Tx.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Looks great! How difficult is it to keep the bed liner paint job clean? Could you post a macro picture if you get the chance? I wold like to see what the texture is like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier