Voyager is Completed (Build Thread)

azscotts

Observer
I'm pretty sure the UPS, FedEx, and Amazon delivery people all know me by name after this week. I've had 11 deliveries this week - all related to Voyager. I've had a mess of nuts, washers, bolts, wire, clamps, more wire, lights, doors, and axles show up this week. Here's a shot of the axles after I un-boxed them last night.

axles.jpg

azscotts

Observer
So I am running two electrical systems. I have the trailer lighting system that powers lights and brakes, and also carries a 12v aux power cable from the tow vehicle back to my batteries. The second system will be all the interior lights, inverter, galley power, etc. and will be connected to the trailer batteries.

I ran conduit from the front of the trailer where a power distribution box will connect to the trailer lighting and brakes.

conduit.jpg

conduit2.jpg

All the conduit are connected with Adel clamps to the frame. When I attached them with the self-tapping bolts, I dabbed on some silicone sealant to prevent water intrusion.

azscotts

Observer
This weekend has been pretty productive...

- Got the interior fabric installed on the walls.
- Installed the walls.
- Cut and installed the insulation.

It may not sound like a lot but there were a number of steps to get to this. I first routed out the openings for the cargo storage doors. Then had to install a support strip to support what will be the bottom of the cargo storage area. It will also create the "table storage". It will also support the roll out for the fridge and a small storage cabinet on the passengers side of the galley.

Rear_table_storage.jpg

insulation.jpg

Insulation2.jpg

interior.jpg

azscotts

Observer
This week it feels like I'm at the stage of 90% done with 90% to go. Lots of little bits have been getting accomplished but it's not like large structures are taking shape.

- Found some U-bolts to weld on to the spare tire carrier.
- Put down a couple of coats of bedliner for the storage area
- Worked on the cabinets (getting them ready for primer, paint, etc.
- Built the pull-out pantry. (Pics below) Still need to attach the hardware for the slides.
- Pantry will have cargo netting on both sides to hold in the foodstuffs.
- Did some testing with primer/paint on the MDF.

pantry1.jpg

pantry2.jpg

azscotts

Observer
This weekend was productive!

- Covered front wall with fabric.
- Covered and Installed the cabin bulkhead.
- Cut and routed the rear cabin storage shelf.
- Got my wheel adapters.
- Finished the pull out pantry.
- Installed the hardware on pullout pantry; tested the pantry.
- Rolled out the bedliner on the entire storage area.
- Modified the storage cabinets. Installed a center post.

Front wall with fabric installed.
front_fabric.jpg

Routed out the oak pieces for the rear cabin storage. These pieces will make for a little storage area with an MDF shelf mounted on it.
routing.jpg

Here's the rear cabin bulkhead with the dry fit of the rear storage.
rear_wall.jpg

Here's my wheel adapters.
adapters.jpg

Here's the pullout pantry with the hardware installed. It's just sitting in the back of the trailer for the time being.
pullout_pantry.jpg

So the cabinets from Lowes came with no center post. I guess that's what you get for $60. So I manufactured some center posts and used the pocket hole jig to mount them. This picture is pre-center post.

cabinets.jpg

azscotts

Observer
Here's what the cabinets look like with the center post installed. You can see the doors were pretty close together, but there was still an unsightly gap between them. It was a quick and easy mod to add the center posts and it will make adding felt pads, etc to the doors a breeze.

cabinet_center_post.jpg

I've got to pick up a can of General Finishes Java Gel Stain before I can install everything. That stuff is magic and goes on so nice.

HuntfishcampXJRay

Get out, Get dirty
Just subscribed. Your build looks good and is coming along nicely. The rough part for me is working everyday then coming home and working on mine for a couple of hours. But I'm a perfectionist, so its also a slow go. Doing everything by myself gets hard sometimes. But enjoying the progress.

azscotts

Observer
Just subscribed. Your build looks good and is coming along nicely. The rough part for me is working everyday then coming home and working on mine for a couple of hours. But I'm a perfectionist, so its also a slow go. Doing everything by myself gets hard sometimes. But enjoying the progress.

I hear ya. I learned when I built my 2nd plane to work on something, anything for a few minutes a day. Whether it's reviewing designs, ordering little bits and pieces, or building major structures for several hours, you have to do something. That's the great part about building our own rigs, there's always something we can do, even if it's just a few minutes work.

Redman333

Adventurer
This looks awesome. I've contemplated building one myself bit not sure if I have the skill to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles