riNR AWD Chev Combi-Van

sackettmw

Does anyone have any good suggestions for headlights? The stock high beams don't even look like they're on when I turn off the LED light bars.

9011 bulb to replace the 9005 high beam. You will have to trim one of the tabs on the base to fit it.

sackettmw

Len.Barron

Observer
I wasn't paying enough attention. There are a lot of replacements for sealed beam 6054 depending on how much money you want to spend. [/URL]
Yep, that 6054 configuration was used in a bunch of vehicles, just go on amazon and look up "6054 headlight conversion to LED or Projector or HID" you'll have more to choose from than you want..

riNR

Observer
Has anyone done a 1" body lift? Do you have to move down the fan shroud or is there enough clearance? How long did it take? I'm wondering if I can do it in a weekend.

Len.Barron

Observer
Has anyone done a 1" body lift? Do you have to move down the fan shroud or is there enough clearance? How long did it take? I'm wondering if I can do it in a weekend.

You do have to modify the shroud, cutting some out(sectioning) of the lower half would be the easiest for just 1". The steering shaft will be close to it's max but it will work. Body bolts are on the edge of being too short/just barely long enough...you'll have to make that decision yourself. You'll have to decide if you can live with the look of the extra gap between the bumpers and body. Otherwise (so far as I've seen) everything else is fine.

riNR

Observer
I thought I saw a thread on here somewhere a while back that had a very detail description of a 1" body lift complete with hardware etc.. I tried using the search function but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know of a link to that thread?

TeleSteve

Adventurer
I thought I saw a thread on here somewhere a while back that had a very detail description of a 1" body lift complete with hardware etc.. I tried using the search function but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know of a link to that thread?
Zuren did a 1” bodylift, here is his build thread.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...project-The-White-Buffalo-(Chevy-Express-AWD)

I did a 2” on mine details near the beginning of my thread.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/143979-Gnarvan-AWD-Express-build

riNR

Observer
I installed 2 inch wheel spacers but that's let to rubbing issues when articulating the suspension off road. Do anyone know of a direct swap bump stops that are taller that I could get from the wreckers?

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
If you're talking about the front, this link should give you all the applications for that bump stop. You have plenty of choice! BTW, it's 15$ Canadian on Rockauto so it just might not be worth the trouble finding a used one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94