What is the value for a 1998 Land Cruiser with 7,100 miles yes only 7,100 miles

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It'd be worth more if it were a 97 ;) I wouldn't pay too much of a premium for a 100 series with absurdly low miles when a used and arguably superior 200 series can be had. There's really nothing all that special about a 100...just my opinion though.

Just like there's nothing special about a 60, 62, 80 or 200. It's all in the eye of the beerholder. I've owned 40s, 60s a 62, 80 and know my 100. As a driver, I'd take the 100 every time. As an adventure rig? 60 every time. Give me a D4D powered 76 and we'll call it good.

wngrog

Adventurer
Anyone that does not love a 100 has not had one. Best LC ever. I've had them all (except 200)

Mine is a 98. I think it's the best year. Minimal electrical BS.

MTSN

Explorer
It'd be worth more if it were a 97 ;) I wouldn't pay too much of a premium for a 100 series with absurdly low miles when a used and arguably superior 200 series can be had. There's really nothing all that special about a 100...just my opinion though.

Easy to say when you've never owned one. The 100 series is excellent and in some ways I prefer it to my built 200.

Upland80

Adventurer
Easy to say when you've never owned one. The 100 series is excellent and in some ways I prefer it to my built 200.

Oh jeez...I knew the shade was coming! Not saying the 100 is "bad" in any way. Just saying the stock 200 does everything the stock 100 does but in a modern and arguably "superior" fashion. And yes there is something unique about the older series cruisers. You can't buy a cruiser in the U.S with a solid front axle, full float rear axle and triple locking diffs all while sporting an antiquated inline 6. 40s, 60s, 62s, and 80s have an old school ruggedness that's hard to replicate in the modern IFS configuration...fanboys relax...the 100 is great/really really great, just not anything all that different from the modern FJ, 4runner, GX. Again...just my opinion, but would rather have a 90K mile 200 vs. a 9K mile 100.

Edit: I am 100% biased towards solid axles and lockers vs. IFS and electronically aided traction systems FWIW...
DSC_3435_zpsf1657ec9.jpg

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Fanboys relax...the 100 is great/really really great, just not anything all that different from the modern FJ, 4runner, GX.

I get that you like solid axles and the 80. They are amazing trucks. I've owned and wheeled multiple diesel 60s and an 80. However this statement is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. It's like saying there is no difference between the 80'and those vehicles. You do know that in the 100 series (not the UZJ100 we see here) there is solid axle straight 6 cylinder gas and diesel versions, right? Are THEY the same as an FJ "Cruser" or GX? Not even close. The cars you mention are based on the 120 series which is COMPLETELY different.

Elitist? Maybe. True? Definitely!!

The only person I know that has owned both a LX470 and now has a LX570 says that trading in the 100 series for the 200 was a mistake. Not that he doesn't like the 200, but he feels the 100 was a nicer overall package. He owned it since new as well, and has the means to drive anything he could ever want.

tyv12

Adventurer
My brother is a Toyota mechanic and they had a 13 year old Camry that had 3500miles and was parked
For pretty much the entire time, the oil had never need changed and once it was driven regularly pretty much every seal and gasket in the engine/tranny leaked. But even at that you change a few leaking gaskets and you've got a brand new vehicle that's pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arktikos

Explorer
Anyone that does not love a 100 has not had one. Best LC ever. I've had them all (except 200)

Mine is a 98. I think it's the best year. Minimal electrical BS.

I need to ask a co worker for a spin in her 100. My impression is that these rigs are a bit too big and modern for my tastes.

She prefers driving the family 80 series to her daily driver 2000 LC100, even with the 80 down one cylinder. :) She says the steering feels better in the 1995.

Value: ? It's worth more than I would pay for it.

Upland80

Adventurer
However this statement is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. It's like saying there is no difference between the 80'and those vehicles. Are THEY the same as an FJ "Cruser" or GX? Not even close.

The 100 is waay beefier than other modern Toyota offerings in many respects, but aren't they all predicated on IFS and ATRAC with the exception of the 98-99 100, which offered the locking rear?

My original point was that any pre-100 LC series with that low of mileage would likely be worth more...I stand behind that statement. I would also still prefer a 200 over a 100...I stand behind that too. Just some friendly ribbing between different series owners is always fun right Redthies?

Last edited:

p nut

butter
The 100 is waay beefier than other modern Toyota offerings in many respects, but aren't they all predicated on IFS and ATRAC with the exception of the 98-99 100, which offered the locking rear?

My original point was that any pre-100 LC series with that low of mileage would likely be worth more...I stand behind that statement. I would also still prefer a 200 over a 100...I stand behind that too. Just some friendly ribbing between different series owners is always fun right Redthies?

Seriously man, there are over 100 (no pun) threads on 80 vs 100 vs 200.....that get nowhere. Not cool to bait people like you did in your original post.

fireball

Explorer
Hard to determine value. The top of the 100-series market seems to be a handful of '06-07 MY examples with sub 100k miles in the high 20s to low 30s.

You're going to have to find a pretty unique buyer who can pay cash and wants to spend that kind of money for an 19 year old vehicle with super low mileage. Not saying it can't be done, I chose the '99 MY for the OEM locking rear diff and lack of other fancy electronics. I'd also be curious as to how or why it only has 7,100 miles on it. Sat idle for long periods of time? Ran 3 miles to the grocery store and back once a week for 19 years, etc.

Good luck!

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Hmm,

Let's start here!

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Guess I wanna add the hardest thing on a vehicle is age not mileage. BUT probably 20-30K.

I'm dying to see pics though, for real.

Honest question is what do YOU need to do to secure it. He's your dad bro! Hello!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz