What is the value for a 1998 Land Cruiser with 7,100 miles yes only 7,100 miles

10ga

Observer
I've owned 7 or 8 80 Series, 1 FJ60, and 3 100 series, bought my first one over 30 years ago and the 100 is right for me at the age of 51. Mine is expedition built and so was my last one, you can't beat them on the road for the ride and they're a beast on the trail. I sold a 99 back in the fall with 106,000 miles that had a long build sheet including triple locked, 43 gallon sub tank, ARB fridge, full armor, and the list goes on. It sold for $23,500 with low miles and lots of gear. I would say if you put this one on MUD or ebay, it's going to bring in the $25,000 - $28,000 range, maybe more. Like others have said, low miles are sometimes a negative, depends how it was maintained. If it set for months and moths at a time, that's hard on a truck. My brother in-law is trying to sell me his 1983 FJ60 with 90,000 original miles but honestly I would rather it had 200,000 miles and been driven. It's set in his garage for the last 5 years and now it needs a gas tank, fuel lines, and who knows what else. Your dad's should bring top dollar to the right person because guys like me who love the 100 series, you get a chance to buy a brand new one again. That would be a nice one to go in the Land Cruiser Museum in Salt Lake City. I would love to see some pics when you get time to get them on here.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The 100 is waay beefier than other modern Toyota offerings in many respects, but aren't they all predicated on IFS and ATRAC with the exception of the 98-99 100, which offered the locking rear?

My original point was that any pre-100 LC series with that low of mileage would likely be worth more...I stand behind that statement. I would also still prefer a 200 over a 100...I stand behind that too. Just some friendly ribbing between different series owners is always fun right Redthies?

I have a '99 with OME suspension and factory locker so I can't speak for the newer crowd. They all pooh-pooh my truck as it is ONLY a 4 speed auto:). I really liked my 80 (OME heavies and 35s), but the V8 trumps the solid front axle for me. I've taken the 100 up 6 miles of ATV trails that even the pro drivers doing a G-Wagen offroad demo event couldn't get up.

And yes, all good natured ribbing is welcome. Please, just don't compare a real Land Cruiser with that thing the marketing dept dreamt up. Yes that one. You know what I mean!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
10ga: I agree. I'm thinking if it has sat for more than a month at a time without being driven and brought up to temp, it's probably going to need a bunch of things. Whoever buys it should be prepared to put another $5,000 into it for service work. That said, if I could get it for $25,000 and then put another $5,000-$10,000 into service, suspension and bumpers etc, I'd be very happy to have a basically new 100. Depending on what color it is, of course! :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz