Wiring diagram for 92 e350 type 3 wheeled coach ambulance

Nrockwell

So when I step on the break pedal my rear loading lights are coming on and break lights and turn signals are dim . all wires are exposed at this point and need to sort this before moving forward .

I was working on my ambulance this weekend (removing interior ceiling lights) when I accidentally disabled my brake lights and caused other anomalies including multiple open door and compartment warnings displayed on the front console. Turned out when I carelessly reconnected some of the large wiring harness connectors I did not match them up properly. I kind of thought that they each only had one mate so that when two fit together I thought i did it properly. After temporarily panicking, I was able to determine the error in my ways because the labeling on the wires on each side of the connector did not match up.

Just seems pretty weird that stepping on the brake pedal and the rear load lights are coming on. If the problem is with the connectors then it might be a pretty easy fix.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I used to say, "If I take it apart, I can put it back together again"!

Now, as I'm getting older I find myself depending more and more on pictures beforehand, hand drawn diagrams, and numbering each lead and terminal with matching numbered tape markers.

'Fail to prepare, and prepare to fail', said some wise ***** somewhere... :bigbossHL:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
When it comes to lights, brake or otherwise, open circuits can sometimes cause as much trouble as shorts. Iffy grounds can be another problem. Generally these things when they "suddenly" appear can be chased back to the last thing you mucked with, just as you found.

Thejese

Thanks !!!!! So I figured it out it was a ground problem in my left rear light cluster and was back feeding to running lights and back up lights . Thanks everyone for your help now on to finishing the interior with 5 ply Baltic birtch

Art4med

If no answer from request to module OEM, try again --and again-- says my mechtech, who works on regional ambu's. "They only respond to perseverence"...

eporter

Adventurer
My ambo was doing similar. I'd press on the brake, and the rear reverse light and backup BEEP alarm would go on... Tracked it down to a broken ground wire on the combo turn/brake/reverse light assembly.

I went through my ambo and disconnected, wire-brushed, & cleaned every ground/positive battery terminal & connection from the battery box to the alternator/front end. There are A LOT of spots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94