Big Bend Ranch State Park MLK Weekend January 2017

huachuca

Adventurer
Thanks for posting - enjoyed both the photos and the write-up. Big Bend is one of our favorite National Parks and it looks like you covered a lot of ground in a short time. Looking forward to your TR on the State Park as we're much less familiar with it.

wngrog

Adventurer
Thanks for posting - enjoyed both the photos and the write-up. Big Bend is one of our favorite National Parks and it looks like you covered a lot of ground in a short time. Looking forward to your TR on the State Park as we're much less familiar with it.

This trip was mostly in the State Park.

huachuca

Adventurer
This trip was mostly in the State Park.

Sorry, somehow got this thread and Matthew's combined. Reading on my phone while down in Ocala and then replying on the iPad after getting home - more evidence I should stick to full sized screens and keyboards at my age and vision constraints. At least I now get to read yours in detail.

TIA - Al

stormlover

Adventurer
Oh wow great TR! By coincidence I was in the park, or in Mexico, about the same time running the Rio Grande through Boquillas Canyon with colleagues from Big Bend Nat. Park, Sol Ross U., and the Santa Elena and the Maderas del Carmen protected areas in Mexico. An amazing place.

I think we also got the same thunderstorm on Jan 13 or 14. We got pounded a little after midnight.
Boquillas Canyon.jpg

Boquillas Canyon_2.jpg

Boquillas Canyon_3.jpg

canoe.jpg

wngrog

Adventurer
Awesome! My first trip to Big Bend was a Lajitas to Santa Elena trip in 1988. I need to do a 30th anniversary trip to repeat that stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles