iPad for Nav

AssBurns

Not sure if you're aware that Gaia now requires a subscription to use their new app. Plenty of features but it's not a one-time purchase. I've downloaded LeadNav but haven't used it much since I'm not a Baja racer.

Yeah I went with Gaia and the Pro Subscription. Only reason I didn't go with LeadNAV was because the In-App purchase to download multiple map tiles at a time is way too expensive. I like to download multiple map types offline and LeadNAV would have taken way to long to do that (from what I heard). Gaia let's you download quite a bit at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to save hard drive space, does anyone know whether an external drive could be used to store the digital maps, then just load the one you need for the trip onto the iPad?

Thanks,

Alan

1Louder

Explorer
Not sure if you're aware that Gaia now requires a subscription to use their new app. Plenty of features but it's not a one-time purchase. I've downloaded LeadNav but haven't used it much since I'm not a Baja racer.

There's a 7 day trial. There are some offers to extend this for free. At $9.99 a year I don't consider that expensive. Premium level is $29.99 a year. If you are heavy user that too is not expensive. If not revert back to $9.99. Quality software is work $1-$2 and change per month.

Last edited:

thepinproject

Adventurer
Now that you can dowload Google maps (at least partially), iPad 4G has become our favorite for navigation. We also use MAPSME & iOverlander.
It never dissapointed us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles