My 01 Ranger build

gotme1

Observer
Now that we are all caught up.... future plans :

Explorer 8.8 LS w/ 4.10
Leaf springs
Explorer overhead counsel
might tuck a winch behind front bumper.

I also have 40" curved light bar. I'm just now sure how I want to mount it. The mounts RC supplied with it I'm not digging. Not liking the ideal of drilling holes on the top of the cab. looking for some type of mounts for inside piller, but yet again nothing out there for Ranger. If anyone know where I can find some it would be greatly appreciated!

4d091f09e447d014588cfafe81ce2f59.jpg

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Explorer
My winch is mounted to a plate that is welded between the frame rails just in front of the AC condenser. You should be able to do the same.

Some people (in Explorers) have swapped in F-150 rear springs (I'm not sure which years work). It's a direct swap with a little more carrying capacity.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Love the bumper! That's close to what I want to make eventually haha

How are the rough country lights? Thinking about eventually replacing the flush mounted pods that came with my front bumper cause they are cheap knock offs that are barley noticeable over my stock headlights haha

As for leafs I put in a fresh set and installed an AAL as well and got the perfect amount of height I was looking for and my truck rides nice and level when fully loaded up which is exactly what I wanted. :wings:

Also the 8.8 with LSD and 4.10's is great, although a is a pig on the highway haha

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I'd imagine f-150 leafs would ride pretty stiff but I could be wrong, if you do swap your leafs for explorer leafs make sure you get from a 4 door with 4x4 and the v8(I believe those are the stiffest). I plan on doing that pretty soon but I'm going to pay out and get brand new ones so I can get rid of the Oem 4x4 blocks

gotme1

Observer
Love the bumper! That's close to what I want to make eventually haha

How are the rough country lights? Thinking about eventually replacing the flush mounted pods that came with my front bumper cause they are cheap knock offs that are barley noticeable over my stock headlights haha

As for leafs I put in a fresh set and installed an AAL as well and got the perfect amount of height I was looking for and my truck rides nice and level when fully loaded up which is exactly what I wanted. :wings:

Also the 8.8 with LSD and 4.10's is great, although a is a pig on the highway haha
RC lights are nice and bright. But only time will tell.

That's what I was thinking for leafs. New set with aal.

I run 8.8 w/4.10 now w/o LS

Need with LS and disk brakes would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TheFutur

Adventurer
RC lights are nice and bright. But only time will tell.

That's what I was thinking for leafs. New set with aal.

I run 8.8 w/4.10 now w/o LS

Need with LS and disk brakes would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The new leafs + AAL worked perfect for me, fully loaded for a week long trip with a trailer hooked up and my truck sits nice and level, just what I wanted haha

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I'd say if your buying new leafs you might as well get Explorer ones since they are stiffer and more arched and less prone to sagging as quickly

TheFutur

Adventurer
I'd say if your buying new leafs you might as well get Explorer ones since they are stiffer and more arched and less prone to sagging as quickly

This would probably be a better route if you plan on lifting it at the same time. Most likely save you both time and money!

I ended up lifting mine about 3 or so months after I did the new leafs, wasnt planning on lifting that soon but things changed haha

Not sure how much lift you should expect with a fresh set of explorer leafs though, definitely look into it before making any purchases haha

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
This would probably be a better route if you plan on lifting it at the same time. Most likely save you both time and money!

I ended up lifting mine about 3 or so months after I did the new leafs, wasnt planning on lifting that soon but things changed haha

Not sure how much lift you should expect with a fresh set of explorer leafs though, definitely look into it before making any purchases haha

Supposedly when swapping leafs(generally used ranger to used expo leafs) people gain about 3" of lift. I'm sure new is about the same
I'ts also a good chance to remove the oem blocks and get rid of any axle wrap etc

Hawk136439

So I'm in DeKalb almost every weekend and would love the contact info for your fabricator buddy for one of those rear bumpers!! Truck looks great we should have a meet sometime!

gotme1

Observer
Sorry Hawk, Mickey things have been put in back burner for awhile.

Hawk I pm'ed you but just in case here is link to small business he has started.
http://www.505fab.com/

Mickey now that things are moving along again I hopefully will be installing explorer LS geared this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gotme1

Observer
So here is quick up to date on things. Being inspired by "Thefutur" I picked up old ladder rack from another ranger. Right away I thought it was a bit to tall.
1e48f7b791b6624fb048cf081f92ee3d.jpg
f40bbf80d65d8f802e0aeb69ca9b64c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles