Unimog 1550 for sale

dan johnson

FOR SALE Unimog 1550L 1992

This is one of the most complete Unimogs in North America. I have owned it for the last 18 years but I am not using it much so time to move on. It has a 366 LA engine, fast axles, heavy duty transmission, crawler gears, green top air condition, transmission cooler, XM-47 tires, custom aluminum bed, 15000 lb Ramsey hydraulic winch, water cooled high output air compressor, factory CTIS, hydraulic cab lift, solid state 24-12 volt converter, 45 gallon ancillary tank beside the regular 35 gallons tank, new batteries, tool boxes, independent front and rear lockers, heated windshield, set up for heated mirrors,cd stereo with aux jack, center locking storage and elevating canvas top. It also comes with a rebuilt 366 engine all Mercedes parts, spare transmission, 3-4 spare tires some new, spare air compressor, spare brake and air lines and more. $75K. Located Southern California. 907---978---5044.
Photo :
URL :
Dan Johnson <Drj@networkscompany.com> 907 978 5044

Pictures
https://flickr.com/photos/130875066@N02/sets/72157677326022612

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Dr. Dan is one of the country's most experienced Unimoggers and his group's trips through the Altair Desert were high level inspiration for a lot of us 10-15 years ago. As is obvious from the photos in his album:

Dr. Dan's Mog.jpg

he and the truck are both very capable off-roaders. I haven't seen Dan or the truck for a decade, but I still suggest that anyone looking to do serious vehicle-dependent traveling give this iconic truck serious consideration.

Coachgeo

Explorer
You slowing down Dr. Dan or did you upgrade recently and have to let one go? Either way...... thanks for the experiences and knowledge you've passed on over the many years!!!!

dan johnson

Dr. Dan is one of the country's most experienced Unimoggers and his group's trips through the Altair Desert were high level inspiration for a lot of us 10-15 years ago. As is obvious from the photos in his album:

View attachment 383365

he and the truck are both very capable off-roaders. I haven't seen Dan or the truck for a decade, but I still suggest that anyone looking to do serious vehicle-dependent traveling give this iconic truck serious consideration.

Mike
Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Thanks for the kind words.
The truck would make a good unimog camper.
Take care.

Dan
IMG_0208.jpg

dan johnson

You slowing down Dr. Dan or did you upgrade recently and have to let one go? Either way...... thanks for the experiences and knowledge you've passed on over the many years!!!!

Good to hear from you. It is true that I and getting older and slowing down. I moved to Alaska a few years ago and the 1550 stayed in Southern California. No deserts and few roads up there so left it down south. Not getting much use so it is time to let someone else enjoy it. I didn't upgrade since I think that the U-1300-1500-1700's are the most reliable trucks made. But I will not be Mogless.

IMG_0204.jpgIMG_0165.jpg

Take care
Dan

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Yep, none of us getting any younger, that's for sure.

Funny that you're up in AK now, we're moving up there too this year. I'll probably stop by Scott and pick up a 1300, and ship it up. But that's for next year.

Good luck with the sale, whoever gets it will have a great rig.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
What I've wondered for a long time, is how did this get past the 25 year import rule?

Arktikos

Explorer
More questions to bump this up. How do you jack up a Mog in the sand, and how many Moggers does it take to change a tire on this unit? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles