USA's new energy plan and Federal Land

dwh

Tail-End Charlie

Not really a plan. Looks like typical political PR(opaganda) mumbo-jumbo to me.

We'll see how it goes a year from now.

After all, let's not forget the last guy started out with a Nobel Peace prize, and then morphed into the mad drone bomber of Pakistan before supporting Hillary's Nazi overthrow of Ukraine.

Time will tell. Honestly, I don't expect the guy to be much better than the rest of the crooks who've had the job for the last 50 years. But he'll, he couldn't possibly be worse either.

Clutch

<---Pass
Time will tell. Honestly, I don't expect the guy to be much better than the rest of the crooks who've had the job for the last 50 years. But he'll, he couldn't possibly be worse either.

Me neither. Oh c'mon, think positively...it can always get worse. ;) :p

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
(Gotta love how the phones utter POS auto correct just randomly inserts apostrophes.

(And left out, I see, the one that actually belongs in the preceding sentence.)

Software developed, by the way, by the same dorks who claim they've got AI working...

Yeeeeaaa...suuuure they do...)

Arktikos

Explorer
Here's a more direct link, I hope:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy

Sounds like two faced nonsense to me, and a dream platform for fossil fuel interests. Accelerating the extraction of our natural resources is not protecting our natural resources, and promoting the burning of coal is not consistent with protecting air quality.

Where is the mention of utilizing renewable resources? MIA.

Clutch

<---Pass

Sounds like two faced nonsense to me, and a dream platform for fossil fuel interests. Accelerating the extraction of our natural resources is not protecting our natural resources, and promoting the burning of coal is not consistent with protecting air quality.

Makes me wonder if they are going to sell off Our federal lands to private companies for resource extraction, then it is gone forever.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader

How will the US supply its energy needs?
A. Dirty Coal
B. Take away the mountain and exploit the locals Coal
C. "Clean Coal"...until we get rid of those annoying particulate limits
D. Domestic Oil
E. Forcefully from sovereign nations
F. Oil, after it's been shipped from Canada to the Gulf and we buy it back on the open market
G. Russia
H. Natural Gas, but not the stuff just wasted as flaring from fracking in the Bakken.
I. Any other possible fossil fuel we, or a foreign company can find and extract and externalize actual costs
J. Nuclear
K. ALL of THE ABOVE! (correct answer)
L. Domestic and Localized Renewables

Last edited:

jschmidt

Adventurer
That list is upside down, and includes things like "clean coal" which only exists in marketing brochures. Centralized power plants have had a pretty good taste of the much lower maintenance and delivery costs from not using coal. They (mostly) won't be converting back or building any new coal plants. And solar now provides more American jobs than all other sources, combined.

Meanwhile Appalachia is about to lose healthcare, welfare and disability. Coal country is the largest per-capita user of these public benefits. And narcotics.

Natural gas and the fracking lobby killed King Coal. It ain't coming back.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
That list is upside down, and includes things like "clean coal" which only exists in marketing brochures. Centralized power plants have had a pretty good taste of the much lower maintenance and delivery costs from not using coal. They (mostly) won't be converting back or building any new coal plants. And solar now provides more American jobs than all other sources, combined.

Meanwhile Appalachia is about to lose healthcare, welfare and disability. Coal country is the largest per-capita user of these public benefits. And narcotics.

Natural gas and the fracking lobby killed King Coal. It ain't coming back.

I agree, although FF is going nowhere anytime soon and it plays a vital role today, it can't just be yanked out either.

Would be nice to hear people in power talk about long term solutions for the Appalachians but instead they continue to exploit the area to meet an agenda. They need diversification of opportunity, investment, and educational opportunities not just punted back and forth as good/bad based on a single regional industry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste