British Columbia to Baja; Winter Solstice in the Desert

stormlover

Adventurer
Awesome TR! Thanks much for sharing. Geologist here as well.

Next time your in Sedona hit me up and we'll hit the goods. Hangover is a good one though. Had to be a bit dicey in the wet.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Great trip report thank you for sharing it! So cool to go through so many different ecosystems like that. You also prove how people can have a great time with a vehicle they know and plan their trip accordingly and not everyone needs a Camel Trophy vehicle to have a great trip.

And kudos for doing it with the little guy. Kids are amazingly resilient and travel well (although it's different than just you and the wife), as you found out. And I loved how my perspective changed seeing trips through their eyes. Very cool!

Thanks again!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Great report. Many of the places you visited are places I have been to also. I was in Baja the same time you were there but longer. Just a bit more than 7 weeks. I too met Christian in that six wheeled Pingauser. I have driven that road thru Calamajue Wash two times. Both times in 4x4s. I don't think I would do in 2wd, though I respect your judgement and careful driving. Now I've got to get busy and get my report up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne