Alberta Bound & Beyond

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Nice to see a report in my back yard. I did 7 Bridges and Plane Crash last year for my first time. However, at the crash site there was still snow in the valley. Nice to see other pictures.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
What a great adventure! I love Alberta's foothills. Thanks for sharing!

It's amazing there! Thank you for reading!

If the offer stands I very well may take you up on that later this year or in 2017

As for the crash site, I stand corrected, the site I've been to is in Maine and it's a B52 site about half-way up the state. Been there via ATV but haven't made it in a truck just yet (keyword: yet)

I stand corrected as well as it was a B52 here not a B2 :p haha

Nice to see a report in my back yard. I did 7 Bridges and Plane Crash last year for my first time. However, at the crash site there was still snow in the valley. Nice to see other pictures.

Oh nice! I really enjoyed those trails. Super fun.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Chapter 2:

Emotional Highs, Explosive Lows..

The next morning we headed back into town to refuel. Then turned north to hit a trail labeled Horse head. We had no idea why it named so, but we didn't really care either. It was still in the middle of the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

IMG_0113 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-23.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Before long we turned off the main dirt road and started our climb up the side of an avalanche prone mountainside.

Alberta Bound!-26.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-24.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_0116 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-25.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_0117 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

By the time we reached the top, Mike reported more problems. The mud had plugged up his radiator and he was having temperature issues. So we stopped and grabbed a bite to eat while we let the Red Head cool down a bit.

Kirsten had been at the wheel this section and had had a blast.

Alberta Bound!-27.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-28.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

After we ate and the Red Head wasn't boiling over anymore, we set off again. The trail from here dives off the backside of the mountain down a much steeper trail and bit bigger rocks. Was slow going.

IMG_0121 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Granted we didn't know it was going to be like that until we got there. But I had offered to let Devin drive Frankenstein here. Turns out it was the most technical driving we would do.

Not a bad way to start your first offroad driving experience right?

AlbertaBound2-17.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

She did great and only miss judged one corner and almost drove off the trail. Took a few attempts to work the clutch to back up but she nailed it and continued on.

Wasn't too far after this we caught up to Ben who was very concentrated on picking his line.

I teased him on the radio,

“hurry up ya slow poke! Devin is driving this faster then you!”

“Shutup, she has 35s and full armor, what does she have to worry about! I'm going as slow as I please,” he retorted.

Alberta Bound!-29.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

It was fun to point out the differences to Devin though, who was relatively new to offroad, that equipment can make. However, there is no doubt that while I had set up Frankenstein to basically drive himself down a road like this, Ben had kept his as near stock as possible and it helped in lots of other ares.

As you all know. Compromises everywhere.

After about an hour of driving over rocks on the narrow path, we hit the other valley and Mike needed another cool off period.

Then we got in an argument.

I wanted very much to drive back up the trail. It was a fun one and I wanted to get to drive it. Ben and Mike were not up to it. Ben didn't want to abuse the truck and Mike didn't think his truck would make it up without overheating several times.

Out voted, we turned down the main road back towards the highway.

Turns out, this ended up being the smart choice. We pulled into a large pull off area to air up the tires.

Alberta Bound!-3.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-18.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

When Ben bent over to air up his first tire. He got some unwanted news.

“God damn it!” he yelled.

“what?” yelled Mike.

Alberta Bound!-4.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Flat tire.

Damn.

“Well lets change it and move on,” I said.

“I can't” said Ben.

“What? Why not?” I asked.

“He forgot the stock lug nuts to hold on his spare,” jeered Mike.

Well double damn.

It was a very slow leak though and would hold air long enough to get us to town to see if he could find a new tire. But being they were KO2s and 275/70r17s, chances were basically 0 of that happening.

Still, we had to try and headed to Sparwood, the nearest semi big town to us.

As we got into town we pulled into the Information station and they told us there was a Kaltire just down the road.

Something very familiar about this...

Alberta Bound!-5.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

They of course did not have the right tire or size. Ben settled for a 285/70r16 Yokohama Gelolander and had them mount it up.

Alberta Bound!-6.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

While this was happening, Devin and I went back into town for some groceries. Plus we got to see the Largest Truck!

AlbertaBound2-19.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Mike and I found a car wash too and I rinsed off Frankenstein and he tried washing out his radiator a bit.

When we were finally ready again, we hit the road. Our destination of Radium Springs a good 3 hours away.

By the time we got there, the sun was setting. We headed off across the valley into the maze of logging roads in hopes of finding camping.

Of course we weren't the only ones trying to do this. This meant all the nice spots were taken. We could not find a place to stay. We drove deeper and deeper into the woods until it was dark. We decided to split up to try and find a spot utilizing our Ham radios and APRS a lot to coordinate between the three of us.

By now we were quiet deep in the logging roads and I found one that obviously hadn't been traveled on in a long time. It had a large pull out for us to park. We settled for it just wanting to find a place to stay.

My truck was making an odd noise and come to find it was quite low on oil. I'd later discover that the dip stick wasn't put back in 100% correctly. The bracket for relocating it with the TRD supercharger had made it slowly leak out. We topped off Frank with all the oil we had. Pitched out tents, made a fire and ate dinner before passing out after a long day of driving.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
The morning brought us a nice surprise. The view of our site was quite lovely.

IMG_0125 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_0126 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Ben stated he hated this thing.

“Damn thing rubs like crazy! I want my 32'' back!”

IMG_1145 by mike digirat, on Flickr

We packed up and set off for the whole point of returning to Canada.

To set foot on a Glacier.

We had miles of road to cover before then, but we thoroughly enjoyed the bumpy mostly smooth dirt roads. We could fly over them at high speed sticking it to the corners and large smiles on our faces. Only down side was the terrible dust.

The further we got into the mountains, the prettier it got.

IMG_1148 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-7.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_1149 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Ever aware of finding the next spot to camp in, Mike's true super power, he spotted an amazing spot by the river just off the road. We scouted it out and loved it hoping to return in hours time.

IMG_0129 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Continuing down the road we came to a fork. Our path told us left, but we figured if we had time later we should run the other fork as well.

Alberta Bound!-10.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The trail started climbing up the mountain up switchbacks and up and around a mountain to reveal a wondrous sight.

A glacier peak.

Alberta Bound!-8.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-9.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-11.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

We had to stop to take in this beautiful spot.

IMG_1155 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-12.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-13.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-13.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-20.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_1161 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
The excitement grew as we knew we would soon be close to a glacier like the one before us. We moved on only for the view to improve.

IMG_1165 by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_0135 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-21.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The trees broke open. And we could gaze fully at not one but several glaciers before us and the vast valley we can come up from. It was amazing.

IMG_2386-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-23.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-20.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_1166 by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_1170 by mike digirat, on Flickr

We were truly captivated. Our cameras were clicking away like mad as we made our way up the valley.

IMG_2389-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_1177 by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_0156 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

We really just could not stop taking pictures..

Alberta Bound!-21.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-22.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-26.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

But the urge to get up close and personal edged us onward and up.

Alberta Bound!-27.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-28.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

We crossed the creek and started our final assent up to the top of the peak where our glacier awaited.

AlbertaBound2-26.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_1189 by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_1190 by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_1191 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
The pure size of the glacier becoming more and more obvious the closer we got to it.

Alberta Bound!-29.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The road just seemed to keep climbing with plenty of places to snap photos.

AlbertaBound2-27.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_0159 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_2398-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_2405-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_0172 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_1193 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-31.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Eventually though. The road hit a large drift of snow. The amount of road left was not wide enough for a vehicle. We decided the off camber nature of the spot plus the very loose make up of the road did not merit it worth the risk of rolling a truck down the ravine.

Hard to show in this photo, but the risk was there.

IMG_0181 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-37.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Instead, we would walk it to get the to glacier

IMG_2403-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

And in some ways I think it was better we did. We really got to take in the area. The scared mountainside was a sight to be seen. To rush past it seemed a crime considering how many possible hundred if not thousands of years it had taken the ice to grind it into its new found shape.

Alberta Bound!-32.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-33.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_0185 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

It was also a bit sad to see what was left of the mighty glacier that had once sprawled hundreds of yards more then it was now. Climate change was killing the silent beast slowly but more quickly every year.

Im glad we got to see it. Glaciers could be something we tell our grandkids about and they only get to read about.

IMG_0197 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_0202 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

They will have left their mark though. No doubt about it.

Alberta Bound!-36.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_0206 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_0210 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_0215 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_1223 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
After that wonderful way to spend the morning. We figured this was one of the best places in the world to eat our lunch. I mean, who could argue?

IMG_1226 by mike digirat, on Flickr

So we made our sandwiches and pulled up a chair to enjoy our amazing lunch.

Ben however, had different ideas. He didn't think it was just a great place for a meal. He knew it was the spot that he wanted his future wife to say yes too.

“Hey Mike, can you take a photo of Kirsten and I?” Ben asked.

“Sure thing!” said Mike.

IMG_1230x by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_1231 by mike digirat, on Flickr

With that, he got down on one knee, and cracked open a ring.

IMG_1232 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-38.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

I don't even think he was fully on the ground yet before Kirsten knew what was happening and in tears.

IMG_1235 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-40.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-41.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-43.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-30.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Ben had done it! He had successfully purchased a ring, talked to Kirsten's parents, told both Mike and I he was going to do it as well as all Kirsten's family and friends, snuck the ring into the truck and sprung the proposal on her.

Without her knowing a darn thing about it.

Not a single clue.

AlbertaBound2-32.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-31.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Congratulations Ben and Kirsten. We are very happy for you and even more happy to be apart of such a beautiful moment of yours in a beautiful place.

Cheers friends.

After recouping from all that with hugs all around. Lunch was packed up and our path down the mountain began. We had to stop at the small cabin that was there. Apparently this is a free cabin for use of anyone first come first serve. A bungalow. Be one hell of a place to stay and trek about for a few days.

IMG_0220 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

AlbertaBound2-33.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-48.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_1208 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-47.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

We then decided to head down to the Y we had turned on to go see where that road lead too. Stopping as we pleased to take any remaining photos of the spectacular area.

IMG_0228 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_1261 by mike digirat, on Flickr

As we where headed down, we came across a small group in several types of trucks one even with a trailer.

“Hey how's it going! Sweet rig!” the leader said to me as I pulled up.

“You too! Cool Land cruiser. We just came from the glacier up that way. It's awesome up there!” I replied.

“How many are with you?” he asked.

I went on to explain and that we where headed up the other road to go check it out before returning to a camp spot on the river.

“Oh yea, the big one? We were eyeing that one too. Maybe we will see you there tonight!” he said.

“Maybe! Plenty of room there thats for sure!” I said.

And with that I took off down the rest of the last few remaining switchbacks.

As I waited at the bottom for Mike and Ben. The Canadians came back down and had somehow found room to turn around before Mike and Ben had caught them. They sped off in the direction of the camp spot.

“Sorry guys, think we will need to find another spot unless you want to share,” I radioed.

Regrouped, I took the lead and put the hammer down stretching out the long travel legs of Frankenstein.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Everything was going great and I was having a ball whipping around corners and romping through the road when I saw a deep dip that even I didn't want to hit at the 45mph I was going.

I slammed on the brakes just before hitting it. Hit it, let off and braced.

BAM!

SCCRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCHHHHHHH..........

The dust settled...

I had just come to a dead stop, motor was dead, and I hadn't had my foot on the brakes.

I looked at Devin who had a puzzled and worried look on her face.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Yes, what happened?” she asked.

“Not a clue..”

We got out to investigate. I immediately went to the front and looked at the CV shafts. But they where fine. The brakes weren't locked up. Front end looked fine..

I came up scratching my head when Devin came over to me holding something.

“Does this go to anything?” she asked.

“Hmm, looks like a CV diff seal, but the Cvs are fin...”

I trailed off.

I crawled under the middle of the truck and my fears where confirmed.

Alberta Bound!-50.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-51.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-52.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The diff had let out completely. The pinion had failed as far as I could tell.

Mother...****er..

This posed a bit of an issue.

On 1st gen tacomas the CV axles help hold the wheel bearings in place. You can not drive without the CV axles in the truck.

There was no way the front wheels where moving with the diff all blown up. So I could either dissemble the CV axles and just use the outer section to bolt to them. Or gut the entire diff.

I didn't want to do either really and lay contemplating what to do gathering my thoughts..

IMG_0238 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

This sucked.

I was running custom modified Tundra CV axle for the long travel and didn't really want to sacrifice them for the cause. But dropping the front diff in the middle no where wasn't exactly what I'd call a fun idea either. Ben offered his stock CV for the cause if we could get it apart to put back together later.

Mike noticed Frank was leaking oil again as well.

So we broke out all the tools and got to work. And I mean we got out ALL of the tools. I fixed the dipstick and we grabbed a CV axle to attempt to take it apart.

IMG_1267 by mike digirat, on Flickr

IMG_0239 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_0241 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

We fought the CV axle for about 45mins and just couldn't make it happen with the tools we had. So we reassessed what to do with the time we had. I figured I could get the diff out, gutted and swapped back in in about 4 hours. That would put us right on the cusp of darkness. But we decided it was the way to go.

Then another problem arouse. A car came down the road and stopped right in front of Frankenstein.

“Well ****, looks like you're havin fun,” said the canadian driver.

“All kinds!” I said

“Any idea how long you'll be?” he asked.

We told him what was up and that it was going to be a few hours at least before this truck was moving again. He was in a car of sorts. I think I was a Kia something. Going around Frank would be a stretch as there where a few rock and more worrisome, some large pot holes. At least for this car anyways.

The more we looked at it though the more it seemed he could get by Frankenstein with the use of my TRED ramps to cover the big holes. We guided him around and he was home free.

I was anything but home free and we set to work. Busting off the spindles, pulling the CV axles, dropping the skid, and finally the diff. We worked furiously in the dirt.

IMG_2432-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

IMG_2440-Edit by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

About two hours later, I finally lifted the diff onto my chest and pushed it out from the truck.

The damage was nothing short of spectacular.

IMG_2443 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-54.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_2446 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-55.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-57.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_1276 by mike digirat, on Flickr

The pinion had literally cut the ring carrier down.

IMG_1279 by mike digirat, on Flickr

Alberta Bound!-58.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

IMG_2448 by Benjamin Springli, on Flickr

The diff had literally exploded. Im still not sure exactly what failed, but somehow the pinion got sucked in and **** just hit the fan at that point. It blew up so bad the housing split in 3 places.

But we had done it! We had had the tools and resources to drop the diff in the middle of no where. Only just barely though. Each of use had brought a very particular tool that would have made this job impossible had we been without them. A 14mm allen wrench for example.

We had once again over come a break down. A major one at that. All on our own.

We won the battle.

Alberta Bound!-53.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

I owe a lot to my two companions for this. Thank you both for your tools, time and companionship to get through this in one piece.

Another hour or so later and the diff was back in. I was completely exhausted and covered head to toe in dirt, grease, oil, and sweat.

I was ready for bed.

We packed up the road of tools, turned around and head to find camp.

The canadians had indeed taken the lovely spot by the river and none of us felt like being super social considering the events that had happened that day. Devin sugested make our way all the way back past where we had camped before to a lake that had had spots on it but had been occupied the night before.

“Worth the gamble? It's a long ways,” said Mike.

“It's the middle of the week, i'll take the gamble,” I replied.

Ben agreed and we headed off in the direction of the lake.

Amazingly, no one was there and we moved right into the prime spot on the lake. I broke out my portable shower and rinsed off as soon as the tent was up.

We gathered around the fire enjoying our dinner, Kristen still in shock and Ben enjoying telling her all the stories about how everyone already knew it was going to happen except her. He had used APRS to signal to everyone back home she had said yes.

“You have to call you Dad first,” said Ben. “I told him you would.”

It was a lovely evening and we where so happy for Ben and Kirsten and also amazed that we had just performed major surgery in the middle of a road in the backcountry of BC. But I wasn't all happy about it.

“Guys, I'm done. I'm going home tomorrow, this is too big of an injury to keep going on. And I don't want to break something else.” I confessed.

This shocked Ben and Mike a bit. I was the least likely of the three of us to ever give in and call it quits.

“Well, I can understand that” sighed Mike. “I don't like it, but I would probably do the same. We will miss you.”

And that was that. We turned back to the glorious highs of the day and talked into the night knowing it would be our last night as a trio for some time again.

It had been a very emotionally explosive day.

But god damn it I wouldn't have changed a thing about it if given the choice.

I love it.

We.

We loved it.

To Be Continued..
Chapter 3: Separate endings

vitola231

Observer
your pictures are great, very nice shots. You were going 45mph down a dirt road with switchbacks and trees :Wow1: What if a family was driving or walking up that road? You could have killed someone! Sorry to be a downer but it would ruin your life as much as anyone else's, you don't want that on you. Just keep this in mind. Have great journeys!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
your pictures are great, very nice shots. You were going 45mph down a dirt road with switchbacks and trees :Wow1: What if a family was driving or walking up that road? You could have killed someone! Sorry to be a downer but it would ruin your life as much as anyone else's, you don't want that on you. Just keep this in mind. Have great journeys!

Valid points. The good news it I can't do 45mph the whole time. Only on the straights. I always slow down to a more resonable pace for corners, switchbacks of course you can't go ultra fast around. Too tight!

I would have been seriously impressed to see a family out walking where we were. It was way back there. Not impossible granted. But we had seen no signs of other vehicles or people parked or camping.

Is it a risk? Sure.

Life sucks without risks though.

I always do my best and am always very very focused on what is in front of me when doing that. I don't want to die either or kill my passenger.

Thanks for reading though!

vitola231

Observer
No problem, as I said your very talented photographer, amazing pictures. I wasn't saying your a bad person, just thought maybe you weren't thinking of it.

I ran over someone in the middle of the night, in the rain in the middle of nowhere, literally 50 miles in the bush. He was dressed all in black and I wasn't going fast. He managed to live and do to the phenomenal circumstances no charges were laid but I had bad lights and guess I could have or should have driven slower. You just wouldn't believe where this guy was out walking at like midnight.
Also forgot all about the moose in northern Ontario and ran into one a few years back, hard, I just wasn't cautious enough. If I had been driving any other vehicle than the one I was we would be dead. I'm very cautious now. Seeing more and more multi use trails being closed up here to 4x4's because of the damage being done also😕 And I feel bad about your diff. Happy exploring, you should try movie making also.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
No problem, as I said your very talented photographer, amazing pictures. I wasn't saying your a bad person, just thought maybe you weren't thinking of it.

I ran over someone in the middle of the night, in the rain in the middle of nowhere, literally 50 miles in the bush. He was dressed all in black and I wasn't going fast. He managed to live and do to the phenomenal circumstances no charges were laid but I had bad lights and guess I could have or should have driven slower. You just wouldn't believe where this guy was out walking at like midnight.
Also forgot all about the moose in northern Ontario and ran into one a few years back, hard, I just wasn't cautious enough. If I had been driving any other vehicle than the one I was we would be dead. I'm very cautious now. Seeing more and more multi use trails being closed up here to 4x4's because of the damage being done also�� And I feel bad about your diff. Happy exploring, you should try movie making also.

ahh yes night stuff is very different. Real in a lot then. Even though i do have substantial lighting. I never drive like that a night.

Thats a pretty nuts story! glad he survied.

Hitting a moose....would suuuuccckkkk so bad.

Same here, ATV/UTVs mainly cause the closures down here. They go around the obstacles and just tear up the place. Form new by passes or trails...it is sad..

We thought about moives before. That takes so much more pre production thought though and way more gear. Plus you're constantly fiddling with gear during the trip. Tons of data storage. Then the edit and so forth for the post production...takes a lot to make a film. We would rather just enjoy the trip. The photography has been serving us well thus far to help capture our memories.

vitola231

Observer
Hay, don't let my comments ruin your mood to post. Just sharing. I will invent a quote "let my mistakes be your lessons" 🙂

vitola231

Observer
My wife just started using iMovie, it's really fast compared to GoPro studio. To bad I'm officially boycotting Apple now, brick my phone with your updates will you. Your pictures a great though. Really like the bridge 👍

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
My wife just started using iMovie, it's really fast compared to GoPro studio. To bad I'm officially boycotting Apple now, brick my phone with your updates will you. Your pictures a great though. Really like the bridge ��

Well, I couldn't settle for iMovie. If I did it, id do it at as professional of a level as possible. Especially as my profession now is Audio. Would be hard to just slap something together without color corection. Sound cleaning. Masking..lots of stuff.

Thanks! We love doing the photo stuff. Whole reason i got into photography was these trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94