"410Adventure" TUNDRA build about to begin....

h1psi

It's not small, it uses a lot of gas, but hey it works for my needs.

So here goes....I'll be documenting this build in this thread and on IG.

The goal is to make this 2016 Tundra CrewMax a comfortable daily driver in the city, with all of the gear needed for fun in the nearby Rocky Mountains!

Thanks to all those who have posted great info on this forum, it's really helped with ideas on how to build this truck.

First things first...Because I may actually sell the truck someday, I want to maximize the resale value by making sure the paint stays scratch free! Not to mention I'll be trying to follow some Jeeps, 4Runners and Tacoma's down narrow trails that are not full-size truck friendly....so am pretty sure the Tundra will be rubbing up against a lot of tree branches.

Llumar "Matte" Paint Protection Film will wrap the ENTIRE truck from bumper to bumper.

ExpeditionPortal1.jpg

ExpeditionPortal2.jpg

Last edited:

ZEN ADV

Nice truck but I wouldn't let scratches worry you. What part of Colorado? We have a 2nd home in Paonia. Maybe we'll run into you in the mountains.

My 2016 in the driveway of my Paonia home at sunrise.
eb3d7f2d9534b58a063a6c7e15d9b0ef.jpg

In front of my California home.
b56305a9bc2a9029a05bb4d6a3c9f34d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZEN ADV

I will say this, think long and hard about the final build weight before you decide on suspension. At less than 6,000 miles I just installed my 2nd aftermarket suspension. These trucks are Heavy when built! Sitting there with no gear inside it's #7,480.

1df93eaf4e356f593cb9616e2e894702.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier