2017 4runner v 2017 Landcruiser

TonyLC

Post #184:

Someone heard someone say something at an event. A lot of this stuff gets treated like dogma, but, as hoser points out, much of it is subject to people playing telephone with one another.

Reading is difficult. Huh?

I was at the event.

But, ok guy. Good luck in your cantankerous endeavours.

perterra

Adventurer
Reading is difficult. Huh?

I was at the event.

But, ok guy. Good luck in your cantankerous endeavours.

I suspect what triggered his cantankerous endeavor was reading the comment that American made 3/4 ton 4WD trucks couldnt leave a paved road with out breaking down. I know I about spit on the keyboard on that one.

Toyota makes a hell of a vehicle, and not just in the LC.

Arktikos

Explorer
I think the zealots are simply stuck in 1980.

That's about when an off roading friend, who owned and loved his V-8 Scout 800, commented to me that in his view Toyota trucks held up the best of all off road, compared to other makes.
I still think they probably make the most durable trucks, and that the Land Cruiser is the toughest of them all. Is it the best value for the price though, compared to a Runner? Probably not.

Am I seeing the chart correctly? The 4runner has more cargo volume than the LC??
Is this with the 3rd row seats folded up or removed completely?
I'm surprised that it's even remotely similar to the LC, let alone bigger..

Sorry to bring this back to the first post

I have a 2013 LC and a friend/coworker has a 15 4Runner. Both of us have 3rd row seats. I need to get pictures of them side by side with the rear open. You can definately pack more in the Land cruiser behind the second row of seats with 3rd row stowed.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
The specs on the front are from a trd off road 4Runner with 5 seats, the LC has the third row seats. I'm sure if you removed the third row seats from the land cruiser the cargo area would slightly bigger like the other listed dimensions.

Third row is a negative for me and would be removed day 1

I own a 99 LC with 230k and a 2010 5Th gen with 70k
Just got back from Cruise Moab in my LC and watched plenty of other trucks
Only one I saw break was a taco and it was just an aftermarket shock
But I'm selling the 5th gen soon
My 100 series performed flawlessly made it up everything open open diff (I have lockers) where other FJ cruisers, 4runners, and tacos struggled a bit
Loaded to the hilt with raffle prizes all the way to Moab up I70 at 80 MPH
The land cruiser is so much more solid feeling where my 4runner feels Tinny and thinner if that makes any sense
They are both awesome but if you are into having an overbuilt rig look at the LC

zackro

Dalko:

You asked this...

And out of curiosity, has anyone seen Toyota engineers make similar comments about the current generation of LC's? Some of these facts are being derived from sources that are about 20, or more, years old.

And someone said this...
This was spoken by Toyota's head of 200-series testing in Colorado earlier this year.

And when you got exactly what you asked for, it wasn't good enough...

Someone heard someone say something at an event. A lot of this stuff gets treated like dogma, but, as hoser points out, much of it is subject to people playing telephone with one another.

Yes, I know it's an old thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles