Thinking of replacing all rubber in rear suspension on LR3

yubert

Explorer
Tossing your control arms?

Now what to do with this?
mIKuWH4uhDOd7gxPt95Usdj32Ol5A4_2LpdyULyHFK9ytT-Dbw_p9x-cw3Zk9da_-7l_YX9kSj_onjwVN5fID7_Qx1xoqhIHl-LpUeAR8RWKkvtxxAT_cJF_yWSxkabZvvMPuxw_yWySjfzRyS6cosZAdlWcSe_s-yQw_R8rvtjsC6OYvlUAsl1X6ZiPTuBpfC2CQdsBmNKEHnzSBZ-zWftLY077g7Yk2KxWYy98Rl_jrS6mrhS_J40SWE3NJxjx9EWbY89asWL9VLpgylJ8IY56bEAuhgFsj1VRpV40Dxgz8-MLF7SqgFMskuoajsl_ik7D0B1ZYfpKo2wWo8L5uPA_0h68m1VV9LfXljgTygbTTTaAFN9y-Ryie-bYQCK_BTjb8YKPlD3TgZwlD1MwOMgY6-fPuDhYSre954rLIGWe_ekHp_ScvrCiR4QmmsAbgihp78GND65PuxSKnEXawcfY2d2HpJpl5DwVmtIZlxTEu1n6lqlzcFkTHnI1CQDhzFsjR85O7Gy25bmqKu9F6_yr37UNIH_sP864nLQsZL3_hO1DtC6RWRUQDQ07nWeTPuzez2u1Zbezr2-2WzdHrVJ61heSv2yk4dJnmsa1kZnXqlWleJMou326CQNbedk6HiaQCVyxCdM9JruMWS6x0PWy6cVik6LJpKJRlZf-LTQ=w840-h630-no

If you're going to toss your old control arms, I might be interested in them. Where in AZ re you located?

Last edited:

DVD

Adventurer
Hi Yubert, I'm in Scottsdale.
I was holding onto them for a few weeks for sentimental purposes :) , but they are slated for bulk trash pickup. You are welcome to them. I can leave them in the back yard for a while.

yubert

Explorer
Hi Dirk,

Thanks! You're about a 5 hour drive from me which is not a big deal. I may combine this with a trip to Tonto and/or Organ Pipe. Let me get back to you in a week or so with a more definitive time frame but thinking some time next month. Does that work for you?

Wish I saw your thread earlier. I rebuilt my front control arms, upper and lower, with Polybush bushings the other week but it would have been faster if I had a spare set to rebuild and then install. Also would have installed new ball joints.

I still need to replace my rear bushings so in any case, I could use a spare set of control arms, front as well as rear.

-Yubert

DVD

Adventurer
Hi Yubert, No problem. Glad to recycle. I'll keep all 8 old control arms in the backyard (don't have indoor storage, but it's AZ, so it'll be hot and dry outside). Just PM me when it's convenient to make sure I'll be around.
(If it goes beyond a month, please PM me, so I know you are still interested.)

NCLRbear

Adventurer
You have like a brand new LR3 now!! I'm replacing my front lower control arms the end of this month. I got the kit from Lucky8. I hope it goes well.

acmcgaha

Why not replace the bushings on the old ones and keep them as spares?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jwestpro

Explorer
FYI Meyle has a new front LCA in HD ball joint build. I went with these as well as the new 4600 series Bilstien complete front struts and rear dampers.

I replaced all 8 arms, 4 drop links, 4 sway bar bushings, toe links as well as new EBC 17"'wheel size rotors.

Several mechanics I spoke with were very against the poly bushings for several reasons...so I went with standard and it feels perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke