I love my KTM.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
so after spending like 10 hours on my Adventure Saturday, I can say that I am now finally 100% happy with it....!

:wings:

The previous owner had changed the main and idle jets and then put back the OEM pipes on it before selling it - so it was running way too rich.

It is a bit of pain to get the carbs out though - you have to take half the bike apart...so I also did a couple other modifications while I was there...

http://www.ktm950.info/how/canisterectomy/emissions.html

Today on a ride down to Santa Cruz I got over 36 mpg - with my girlfriend on the back. Much better.

just wanted to share my excitment...!

:)

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Good job on the carbs. I had a frustrating couple of months trying to get the air/fuel issues worked out on my 950. Once things were dialed-in it was an amazing machine. A friend of mine has the bike now and 2 years later it still runs perfectly. 36mpg was about as good as I ever saw.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
thanks - it was a bit challenging to get everything in order but luckily the previous mechanic had written the settings on the carbs and saved the original jets.

the bike feels so much better!

Now I can take it on a real long off road ride...where is Scott right now?

:)

FshTaco99

Adventurer
I don't have $10k- to drop on something like that but oh how I'd love one. For now I'll be sticking my 03' 450 to occupy my travels...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior