Flor Carpet Tiles

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
I thought this might be of interest to some looking to put some easy carpet in their rigs. Carpet tiles are traditionally used in large office buildings, schools, and apartments but flor has taken them and made them into customizable rugs and carpets. They are washable, easily removable one section at a time, require no carpet glue which releases VOCs, are made from recycled fishing nets, and can be cut to different shapes to fit different areas. I personally will try some out in my vehicle as soon as I get it :).

www.flor.com

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
....easily removable one section at a time, require no carpet glue....

Sounds like an advertisement but I'll bite. So how do they stay in place because the last thing I need is a loose carpet tile stuck under my brake or accelerator pedal at 75mph. Is this cheaper than a 6' roll of $10 carpet from an auto parts store?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
laid alot of these...they also have padding built into them....PERFECT for this application...and most are 100% recycled plastic....but we did glue them down..

I have 2 rag rugs I use to walk around the truck bed cus they feel good and cost $3 each...

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
so they have a pretty solid backing that's made to grab the subfloor. They were originally made for offices and apartments, you could definitely glue them down if you wanted you just don't have to. I was mainly thinking of using them on top of a drawer system not under the front pedals. It's just cheap and environmentally friendly. Not as a cheap as a 10 dollar roll but also not as flimsy. They have these tabs that hold them together in different shapes. Definitely not an advertisement for me personally but I do like them and toured their facility recently with my AP environmental science class. (I'm the teacher not the student)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior