Front Receiver

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Do they sell Front Receivers for the Gmc Savana/ Chevy Express. I saw one on eBay , but I am. It sure on fitment. Does anybody have one like this ?

429d05f7968bf55135aae192054f702d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
I found one, looks like there are other options...
Draw-Tite (Part Number:65028)

I don't think that will fit. It says Yukon, Sierra ect. I could be wrong , but I didn't think there is any over the counter hitch for the Savana.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
After many, I meen many searches that's the part # that keeps coming up...
I deff can't be certain but I'd buy it as long as there a free return policy and try it out.

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Very cool, I like what you did , can you provide any more pictures and possibly a model number of what you used ?

I don't have any more pictures but it was pretty simple. I welded the 2x2 square stock to the frame then that square stock had holes punched in it correct to the hitch.
The hitch itself was already the correct width for the frame.
Hitch is a CURT 31016 Front Mount Receiver
I may have done something different the second time around to try and keep the hitch higher. But really my van see's 95% pavement use so I don't foresee ever having an issue with it as is.

Len.Barron

Observer
It's(Drawtite 65028) definitely not going to "fit"...the truck/suvs share front frames design(that's why so many vehicles are on the application list) but are completely different than the vans (you can go look on: https://www.gmupfitter.com/pdflists/view/6 ) to see the difference. This (drawtite 65028) hitch would be a little narrower (than the spread on the van frame) and the mounting holes would be useless.
As mentioned above, you'd be better off starting with one of the universal rv hitches and cutting it down/modifying mount holes to fit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles