WTB 2005-2009 Power Wagon with Manual Transmission

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Here's one with 147,000 for $20,000. A little steep in my opinion, but hopefully you could hash out a deal.

It's also pretty close to you, especially if you're in W. Montana.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/695562806/overview/

I called on this one. They bought it at an auction. No history on it. There were some unusual wear and tear items and they weren't coming down on the price as they had had a lot of interest.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
There is a 2008 up in Winnipeg Manitoba. It's priced a bit high at $23,600, but with the favorable US to Can exchange rate, it works out to be around $18,000 in US funds.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/2008-dodge-ram-2500/1235813643

I had looked at 06 PW in Canada a couple months ago. Low miles, one owner, great exchange rate. But I could not get it across the border. Chrysler (unlike Ford or GM) will not write a letter of compliance for a Canada spec car to a US citizen. I went to an importer who could get it across if they held it at the border for 6 months, but all rams of that vintage have an outstanding safety recall on the air bags, with no date set on when parts are to arrive. Because it's an outstanding safety issue, it is not allowed to be imported until it is resolved! Very frustrating!

cak446

I had looked at 06 PW in Canada a couple months ago. Low miles, one owner, great exchange rate. But I could not get it across the border. Chrysler (unlike Ford or GM) will not write a letter of compliance for a Canada spec car to a US citizen. I went to an importer who could get it across if they held it at the border for 6 months, but all rams of that vintage have an outstanding safety recall on the air bags, with no date set on when parts are to arrive. Because it's an outstanding safety issue, it is not allowed to be imported until it is resolved! Very frustrating!

That sucks. I had no problem getting the letter, and importing a couple Dodge Trucks from the US to Canada, almost ten years ago when the exchange rate was in our favor. it's too bad Dodge changed their policy's.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
That sucks. I had no problem getting the letter, and importing a couple Dodge Trucks from the US to Canada, almost ten years ago when the exchange rate was in our favor. it's too bad Dodge changed their policy's.

For sure! I am not sure if it is the same in reverse (from US to Canada), or if it was just Canada into the US. I talked to the US Chrysler Corporate phone number, and when I wasn't happy with their answer I called the EPA hotline who said the same thing. The exception was if you are a Canadian Citizen that is relocating to the US, they would then write you a letter of compliance for importation. I was even willing to pay the $600 importation fee and 6 month hold to the importer by that point, but apparently it was not meant to happen!

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Sounds like a Canadian could import it and then sell it to you...

"
That thought had crossed my mind, but coupled with the fact that there was an active unresolved air bag recall, I was starting to weave a pretty big web and decided to take Canada off of my search criteria. Maybe if Dodge rectifies the air bag recall, I will re-evaluate looking at trucks in Canada.

jpat30

Adventurer
Auto trader is being a jerk right now and I cant share the link, but there is a 2006 with 30k miles (not a misprint) for 29.9k at Surf City Nissan in CA. Really clean good looking truck (tempted to call about it myself:) )

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Auto trader is being a jerk right now and I cant share the link, but there is a 2006 with 30k miles (not a misprint) for 29.9k at Surf City Nissan in CA. Really clean good looking truck (tempted to call about it myself:) )

It appears to be mismarked as a manual by the pictures! There aren't great pictures of the steering column, but the cubby forward and to the right of the transfer case lever is where the shifter should be (I think at times people see the manual tcase lever and jump to conclusions!):
368bf7c6ec18fb5d14f802f45c6a3474.jpg

5422f2f1f96f115df76ac9f550c77e36.jpg

For example, this is what a stick should look like:
f8093c3fcb5c07718ded32400b9844fe.jpg

hrududu

Adventurer
Got notification of a 4500 crew cab on eBay. Search this item number as I could not paste link from my phone.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Sale Pending! I have located a 06' Power Wagon with a G56 Manual Trans in California. Vehicle has been inspected by a Dodge dealership, CarFax is clean. Conveniently the seller has a nephew that graduates high school about 20 minutes away from me and will be bringing the PW on a trailer Mid-May. Now the waiting game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles