2016 MERCEDES SPRINTER 4X4 144 - OUTSIDE VAN CONVERSION

destructomatt

Adventurer
What a joke. Lots of high dollar 4x4 Sprinter conversion floating around these days. No tanks, no plumbing, no galley, no fridge, no suspension work. This type of build may work for a lot of people, but they must have had their lips firmly wrapped around that exhaust pipe if they think it's worth 95K...or if they paid near to that in the first place. This actually makes me angry.

MTSN

Explorer
LMFAO!!!!!!

$48,000 to $53,000!!!

KEEP DREAMING MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! This would cost any competent reasonable person like maybe $15,000 to do max. Wow.

Agree - that site is ridiculous, and I'm shocked anyone would pay them the prices they're looking for. Seriously $180k+ for a "custom" design plus the cost of the vehicle?!? Uh I'll take an EarthRoamer for that! Also this tagline/quote on their page made me LOL "Life is too short to be stuck—move towards joy.".

Keyne

Adventurer
Van Specialties or Moorehead Designs can do a custom FULL interior (tanks, kitchen, bathroom, diesel heat, roof AC, etc) for less than $100k including the cost of the van.

BobbyJones

Observer
There's obviously a market for those prices, so be it. Now I'm just curious if there's some kind of added value (a la Goose Gear) or it's pure cachet.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, some of their builds look pretty good and useful but all their 4x4 conversions use the stock mercedes system from my understanding. To me thats the biggest issue I have with the builds. So much added weight and seems like they just but on AT tires.

jostalli

Observer
I built my own. Yes OutsideVan is extremely overpriced. But..

Labor in the US costs a lot and every American wants to make more than they are worth. Best deal going for Sprinter van builds is VanCraft in San Diego @van_craft (no affiliation).

Keyne

Adventurer

Labor in the US costs a lot and every American wants to make more than they are worth. Best deal going for Sprinter van builds is VanCraft in San Diego @van_craft (no affiliation).

Does VamCraft have a website? Search pulls up a U.K. Company.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites

Totally agree. We have been thinking about opening a plant in the USA but labour and other cost would have increased the price by WAY too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles