Caretaker

Caretaker
Well guys, I've crossed over from the Jeep Cult. A couple of weeks ago I made the decision to sell my Jeep because I needed more room for stuff and also because I couldn't really pull a trailer as well as I'd like. Being a college student, I wanted to get something that I knew would last me at least another 10-15 years depending on how much I drove whatever it was. Hence the 100 series. :sombrero:

Anyways, I found this GEM of a LC just north of Nashville and once I sold the Jeep, we went and picked it up. It's a one-owner with 182,000 on the clock and I've got all the service records dating back to '05 when Toyota started keeping computer records :victory: . She even took it to the dealership to get washed and waxed... The only things it really needs is a set of front brakes, a muffler, and the front seats recovered. The timing belt was replaced at 90,000 along with all the other 90K service items, so it will be taking a trip to the dealership here in the next few weeks. Other than that this thing is slick!

I'm going to keep this a relatively budget-minded build as I'm on a college budget. I have about $2100 left from the money I got for my Jeep after paying for the Cruiser, so I'm buying what I NEED with that money and then this summer when I have more income coming in the fun can start :bike_rider:

Specs -
1999 LC
Rear Diff-Lock
Imperial Jade Mica Green (Or however you say it)

Mods -
Custom rear drawer build (I got a sweet coleman stove for Christmas and am saving for a fridge, so I want to build some sort of inset for the stove and a slide for the fridge on top).
285/75/16 Tires (Probably Nitto Tera Grapplers as my local tire shop is running a sale on them).
PFRAN Interior LED's DONE
PFRAN CV axle clamps DONE
Yakima Load Bars (I am an avid fisherman and haul around my kayak alot, the factory cross bars don't really hold the kayak well) DONE
Tint front windows to match rears along with windshield (local tint guy matched the broze relfective tint pretty darn good) DONE
Pioneer Double Din Headunit w/backup camera (factory headunit obivously has no aux input and having hands free is nice) DONE
LED Headlights and Fog lights (The factory halogens SUCK) DONE

I hope to take this rig out west this summer and explore more of the western part of my state (Arkansas).
Here's a picture from the day we picked it up.
[URL=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/ballinsworth2/media/FullSizeRender_zpshr1h4h93.jpg.html] [/URL]

I'll take an picture later this week once the tires get put on. It's looking great!
EDIT: Realized I hadn't finished typing the title and accidentally posted the thread. Oh well.

jbarnhill

Good looking rig! You will enjoy being in a landcruiser.

Any details on the tint. I have a 98 and I have been looking for a tint to match the bronze

Caretaker

Caretaker
Good looking rig! You will enjoy being in a landcruiser.

Any details on the tint. I have a 98 and I have been looking for a tint to match the bronze

Not real sure on what exactly he used. He said finding the actual broze replacement was a pain, so he used some reflective and some other layer of tint to 'create' a broze tint. I'll try to get a pic in the sun tomorrow to show you what it looks like.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Sweet deal. '99s are the best year for 100s in my not so humble opinion! Looks like a great rig!

87Warrior

GP'er
Welcome to the Cruiser world, from a former (and current) Jeep owner convert.

Don't forget to replace those heater hose tees!

Not real sure on what exactly he used. He said finding the actual broze replacement was a pain, so he used some reflective and some other layer of tint to 'create' a broze tint. I'll try to get a pic in the sun tomorrow to show you what it looks like.
If you could get ahold of the layer 'recipe' your tint guy used I would be forever grateful. Yours looks like a good match.

GREENI

Adventurer
Nice. Are they 285/75's?
I'm a Cruiser Virgin (but a die hard Defender fan, I just sold one of three to try a tlc) so I need a lot of schooling.
Edit: I just read the first post properly. Question pre answered.

zimm

Expedition Leader
4 pinion front diff (car-parts.com) or an ARB/eaton unit.

if the front cv's havent been changed the day is coming, so set aside the cash and dont bother with anything but oem. some things you can sub, those, you get what you get what you pay for. (Beno, if the local dealer is being greedy) the lexus dealer down the street from me was sorta known as a scheister, but seening my decked out well used lexus, i was getting parts at five points over cost because they thought it was cool. chat then up, you never know.

squatch

Adventurer
Nice truck. What LED headlight conversion did you use? How do you like it? Have a fun spring break!

Caretaker

Caretaker
Nice truck. What LED headlight conversion did you use? How do you like it? Have a fun spring break!

Found a kit on amazon. Bought 2 pairs to do the headlights and foglights. They are great so far. Many people seem to have problems with aiming the headlight after installation, but if you follow the directions on how to orient the bulbs they turn out perfect. Haven't been flashed by oncoming drivers yet so they seem to be ok. Only drawback is that the actual bulb housings are purple. :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles